Chapter Seven

Carina's no longer paying attention; she's simply staring at the boy next to Pan.

"That's Devin." I tell her.

"Devin," she says as if she's trying the name out.

"Yeah, sis. His name is Devin. I said it the first time." I joke.

She rolls her eyes and then says, "Look, Orion, we need to talk to Granddaddy to get a tent where we can stay."

I nod. "Good plan."

Elara and Callisto look at me and then say, "Where have you been staying?"

I choose to ignore them and start walking. But Carina, being my twin, has that special connection with me. She gasps and says, "Orion!"

"What?" I ask, trying to play innocent.

"In Felix's tent?" Carina asks teasingly. "Are you trying to decide whether you'll live in a house or a tent when you two get married?"

"Shush, Carina," I roll my eyes. Then I see Pan. "Oh, hey Granddaddy!"

Pan sees me and stands. "Girls!"

"Sup, Grandpa?" Carina asks.

Pan frowns. "Sup?"

"I'll tell you later." I mumble. "Listen, my friends and I need a tent to sleep in."

I hear something squeak behind me and I'm not exactly sure, but I think it might be Elara. Oh, yes... "Pan, this is my SINGLE friend Elara."

"Orion! Shut up!" Elara shrieks.

"Hmm? Oh I don't think I will. I have lots of things to say. Like that time when I told that senior you had a huge crush on him!" I say, grinning. Elara pales.

Devin is still next to Pan. He stands and walks right past Carina and brushes her shoulder. "That was brave, standing up like you did," he whispers. "You'd be a good lost girl." Carina blushes and says, "Thank you." I see Devin smile. Then he walks back to his tent. But right before he enters, he looks back to Carina who holds up one hand as if to say "Night."