One Heartbeat

-Min Yoongi's P

-Min Yoongi's P.O.V-

"Hey, come on." Jimin flashed a smile to me. "Cheer up." He squished my cheeks in-between his palms and placed his forehead against mine. I sighed and tried to look away, but Jimin wasn't letting go. His eyes were only few centimeters away from my eyes and he pierced my soul with his stare. After couple of seconds filled with awkward silence, Jimin let go of me and leaned back. "Yeah, you'll need treatment." Jimin said more to himself than to me, but I still heard him say that.

"What treatment?" I rolled my eyes looking out the window. Strangely, the storm that was going on for the past few days didn't seem to continue anymore. "It's Valentine's day and you look like you ate a trash bag." Jimin scoffed and snorted causing me to shoot a glare at the younger. "Shut up." I mumbled and turned around so Jimin wouldn't see my teary eyes.

I was crushed, and the only way I could get my thoughts off the problems surrounding me, was by thinking about work. Yes, work, out of all the things it was work that eased my nerves. Because it was so far away. Just a month ago I refused to take the best offer in my whole entire career, leave the country and get a promotion, just because I wanted to be with her. Now, there was no one to hold me back. Except, of course, Park Jimin.

"Yoongi." Jimin called out, but I didn't react. "Yoongie." Jimin tried again, he was determined. "Just listen to me." He begged after few moments and I gestured for my red-haired friend to continue. "Let's go out. My eyes widened. "I'll treat you for dinner, you deserve it." He rubbed my biceps and I shook my head.

"That's the worst idea I heard all day."

"There will be chiken wings."

"I'm in."

For two weeks it didn't seem like the storm will end. It was cold and windy. Blizzard was getting on my nerves. But now, suddenly, the whole world silenced. It was so quiet, I could only hear mine and Jimin's steps on the crunchy snow and our hearts beat. Or was it just his heartbeat? Mine didn't work anymore and his seemed to work full power, maybe even for both of us. It was the most beautiful melody I have ever heard.

Our shoulders would bump against each other from time to time while walking alongside. At those moments I would turn to him and see few lonely snowflakes melting in his fiery hair. They were all unique and beautiful, none of them looked just like other. And so did Jimin. There was only one Park Jimin and I was that one bastard lucky enough to meet him.

I felt his gaze shift to me. Rarely, but it was enough to make my blood rush in the veins. For some reason he cared for me more than anyone I knew, even my family. I could honestly consider this youngster my family and no one could say a thing about it. I just wish I could return a favor, of being there whenever needed, always and forever, I just didn't know how. He never seemer to lack anything and I was the one dragging the whole mood down.

Of course I felt bad for doing so, but I still attemped to blame the whole world around me for it instead of taking the blame for my pessimism on myself. But this time I had all the rights to do so. She cheated one me. She left me broken. She took my hertbeat away. I could blame her as long as I want.