Two Heartbeats

Graphics by goals-

Graphics by goals-

-Min Yoongi's P.O.V-

I was distracted by the bell ringing as Jimin opened the restaurant's door and my thoughts vanished. We went in and I unwraped my scarf looking around. There was a lot of people here, of course Valentine. Wherever I looked, there you could see a couple having dinner. I sighed and felt Jimin's stare shoot at me, but I didn't show in any way that I had sensed it. He just went to the receptionist and started talking to a young woman behind the counter.

After couple of seconds she politely smiled and led our way to the table. I'd lie if I say that I wasn't surprised to see not packed table on this day. We sat down and I buried my face into the menu. I wasn't sure if I wanted anything else but those chicken wings Jimin has promissed me, however I still looked throught what this place had to offer, just because Jimin seemed to be in some far away place analysing the menu.

"How did you do it?"

"Huh?" He tilted his head and his red bangs fell into his eyes. I smiled and immediately covered up my smile with the menu. "How did you get a table on Valentine's day? Without reservation!" I don't know if I was really curious or I just wanted to have a conversation. A conversation that would have nothing to do with her.

"Oh I have my ways." Jimin assured me and once again flashed me his iresistable smile. That was probably how. "So you're taking those chiken wings Yoongi? My treat." He reminded me as I seemed to be staring for one minute too long. I nodded.

"May I take your order?" The same receptionist that led our way here approached our table and I frowned, now she was wearing a waitress unifrom. She noticed my stare, which probably appeared judging and blushed, but didn't get lost. "We're low on waiters today." She explained and gestured around. "Valentines." Dreamily sighed and I fought back an urge to click my tongue bitterly.

"Yeah, he will have chicken wings and I-" Jimin stated, but I didn't hear the rest. The bell by the door rang again as it swung open and I automatically lifted my gaze because I was just in perfect position to see the entrance. I now kind of wished I didn't. It was her. With someone else. My heartbeat stopped, if it ever existed after she left me with my heart shattered.

"Yoongi?" Jimin waved in front of my face as the waiter girl left. He hadn't yet seen the arrivals. She chuckled hitting the guy on his chest with her palm, like she always did. He tucked the lock of hed hair behind her left ear, like I used to do. I couldn't bear it. I pushed my chair away from the table, surprising my companion and dragging attention of her to myself. I regreted it and I didn't.

"I have to go." I stormed pass by Jimin. He tried to catch me by my coat, but I didn't let him and dodged his hand. My eyes were filling up with tears and there was one person in this place that I would have never let to see me cry. But it wasn't her. I didn't care what she will think about me, not anymore. I just didn't want Jimin thinking that I'm a weak loser. So I left.

I ran out the restaurant bumping into the guy she came in with while on my way, but I didn't look back, nor apologised. I heard how Jimin shouted my name running outside, however it wasn't enough for me to stop.

It was so silent outside. So quiet that I only heard my shoes crushing crunchy snow. No heartbeat. Nothing. After all, turns out, it was Jimin heart that beat for both of us. But now, he wasn't beside me. And I'm not sure he ever will be. Because I was going to take the offer. I'm leaving the country. And Park Jimin as well.