Chapter 6

Adrien...

I swung through the city with ease, occasionally earning gasps from the Parisans but mainly staying undercover. With a black mask and shadow like outfit, Chat Noir was like an escape for me, a little rest from my every day life. With school and homework and photo shoots and piano lessons and Chinese... I hardly had time for myself. Chat Noir is my escape.

My thoughts lingered on the black haired girl I had just left behind me... Marinette seemed to really get annoyed by Chat. I grinned into the air as I swung across the park. For some reason, Marinette getting frustrated by my alter ego made me laugh.

I noticed one thing - even though Marinette and I have known each other for a while, she seemed really comfortable around me when I was a superhero... Does that mean she doesn't like me as Adrien well?

A soft pink tinted the horizon and I started to make my way home. Father thought that I was studying in my bedroom. Little did he know...

I swooped silently into my bedroom, quickly transfroming back. 'Blehh.. why did you have to stop by Marinette's house? I'm so exhausted,' Plagg groaned as he came spiralling out of my ring and fell onto my bed.

'I just wanted to see something...' I murmured in reply, throwing cheese in his general direction before he had the chance to complain. Don't get me wrong - I doubted that Plagg actually needed food. I just need him to shut up for a while.

'Ah! This is how it should be - my owner actually bothering to feed me,' Plagg sighed in satisfaction before proceeding to devour the slice of cheese. I really don't get it - cats like cheese? I shook my head in confusion before pulling out my phone from where I left it inside my bag.

5 messages, 3 from Chloe, 1 from Nino and the last from Marinette. I subconsiously tapped on Marinette's one first.

MarinetteDupainCheng: Adrien? We should probably set up a time for studying tomorrow.

I hastily typed back a reply.

AdrienAgreste: Sure, what time suits you?

Marinette didn't answer straight away, so I took the time to shower quickly and change into my Chat Noir style PJs. When I came back into my room, Plagg was fast asleep on my pillow and my phone buzzed as it received a new message.

MarinetteDupainCheng: You can choose - I'm free anytime after school. Perks of having no life.

AdrienAgreste: You do have a life, Mari xD 4-ish then? If that's okay with you...

MarinetteDupainCheng: Ok, that's fine... so at my house? Your house?

AdrienAgreste: Your house would be great :)

MarinetteDupainCheng: Ok :) See you tomorrow then, Adrien

AdrienAgreste: Tomorrow, little lady :)

I smiled for a moment at the messages - Something about Marinette just warmed my heart a little, like warm melted chocolate inside of me. Sweet and warm and intoxicating. I slipped under the covers and moved reluctantly on to Chloe's texts.

ChloeBourgeois: I have a surprise for you, Adrikins ;)

ChloeBourgeois: Urgh, come on, Adrien. Reply back, I've got to tell you something.

ChloeBourgeois: Baby, CAN YOU HURRY UP AND REPLY?

I sighed slightly and starting typing.

AdrienAgreste: Calm down, Chloe. I was busy. What did you have to tell me?

ChloeBourgeois: Busy doing what exactly? Why can't you keep your phone with you? Are you trying to avoid me?

AdrienAgreste: Jeez, Chlo. I was just studying. Is that a crime now?

ChloeBourgeois: Studying with Marinette?!

AdrienAgreste: That's irrelevant. Just tell me what your 'surprise' is.

ChloeBourgeois: Well, Daddy's leaving town tomorrow and so I came up with the brilliant idea that I should throw a party! You're totally invited, of course, Adrikins <3

No matter how many times I told her not to, Chloe seemed adamant to continue calling me 'Adrikins'.. I cringed internally.

AdrienAgreste: Uh.. I have to study tomorrow, Chlo.

ChloeBourgeois: That's not fair! You hardly ever talk to me now and I know it's because of that midget Marionette! You HAVE to come to my party, babe :'( I can feel the tears in my eyes. You don't want me to cry, do you, Adrikins?

AdrienAgreste: Fiiine, I'll come over at 7... and for the record, it's 'Marinette'. And she is not a midget.

I left the conversation quickly and tapped onto the photo of Nino in my notifications - he had sent a message asking if I wanted to  hang out after school with him and his older brother. I gave him an explanation of my schedule tomorrow but promised to meet him in Chloe's party. 

So, I guess most of tomorrow is planned out for me then... School, then fencing, then studying with Marinette and finally Chloe's stupid party... I was planning to spend more time with Marinette, but that seems unlikely. I mean, we need to do our project. That's why I want to spend time with her so much, right?