Chapter 8

Marinette...

'THIS IS THE ONE!' Alya suddenly yelled from my closet, brandishing a red top. 'THIS IS THE ONE, GIRL!'

I groaned as I realized exactly what Alya was waving around - A sparkly red tank top, with a black flowery thing as a strap.

'Uh, no way, Aly.' I widened my eyes, retreating backwards as Alya walked purposefully towards me. 'Oh come on, Marinette, this will look great on you!' she persisted.

I laughed crazily. 'I'm gonna look like an idiot!'

'A hot idiot! Now go get changed!' she insisted, practically throwing me into the bathroom. Urgh - This stupid top didn't fit properly with my usual black bra. I rummaged through my drawer and extracted a strapless bra - God knows why I have that. Or why I have the stupid tank top.

Alya threw black leggings at me but after inspecting my outfit, decide a black miniskirt worked better. Honestly, I love fashion and all but I was really nervous about this party. 

She had already come over with her own outfit - A blue jegging / orange shirt dress combo, similar to her usual outfit.

'Gurl, we need to something 'bout your hair,' Alya declared, pulling out a brush.

She undid my usual ponytails and brushed out my shortish hair. I made faces at myself in the mirror for entertainment as she played around with my black hair and then proceeded to 'fix' my make up.

'So.. whaddya think?' Alya said at last, stepping back and admiring my head as if it was her latest masterpiece. My hair fell in simple waves to my shoulders, with a black fedora on top, completed with wild eye make up.

'Oh... my...' I stuttered, twirling around experimentally.

'We look smoking hot, Mari!' Alya squealed, joining me in the mirror waving her straightened hair and winking with her heavy make up. I giggled excitedly with her - this wasn't actually too bad.

Just then, my phone chimed and I tapped on the screen.

AdrienAgreste: I'm here, Mari. You girls ready?

I practically ran to the window and sure enough, Adrien was standing at the foot of the building. As if telepathic, he looked up at my window and smiled at me.

Alya laughed behind my shoulder. 'Prince Charming awaits for his princess...' she teased.

I rolled my eyes. 'It's only a house party, Alya...'

I made sure to switch off all the lights in the house as my parents were out before making my way outside. Just as I opened the front door, a gust of chilly autumn air swept against me sending shivers down my spine. My eyes found Adrien.

He was dressed simply in black jeans and a denim shirt with his classic orange Vans. Simple, yet stylish. A moment passed between us, standing a metre apart. His eyes raked my outfit blankly for a moment before his face split into a grin. 'You look great, Marinette.'

I blushed lightly in the gathering darkness and walked to his side. 'Not looking too bad yourself,' I smirked, nugding him slightly.

'Ah-EM. Am I being forgotton?' Alya suddenly called from behind us and we whirled around, startled. 'Oh, right! You look great too, Alya,' Adrien laughed. I giggled with him and by his side, began walking down the street.

The moon was full that night and its dim glow enhanced everything it fell upon. Quietly, with me in the middle, we walked towards the centre of Paris before Alya suddenly took her chiming phone out of a pocket and held it to her ear. With her hand, she gestured for us to go on while she began talking on the phone and lagged behind. I smiled gratefully at her and she threw me a sly wink.