(Pro- ah who am I kidding) The End

2030 (End of the Age of Rebuilding)

" Mother." I whimpered as the sky grew darker and the only source of light was the fires burning far from here. 

"All forms of government services are suspended. I repeat, all forms of government services are suspended." The speakers blared. 

I pushed my mother's heavy hand aside and I stared at her face. Her once beautiful face was covered in black blood. Her cheekbones were visible, And her tan skin was bone white. At that moment, I knew that I was alone and had no one to protect me. Tears streamed down my cheeks as people ran past me. I looked up and saw a hideous beast.

It's head was the shape of a horse, but it's torso was of a man. It's scaly legs were an unusual shade of red and green and it had the tail of a white tiger. 

It's head turned towards me and it looked at me with sorrow in its eyes. It raised its giant cleaver and at that moment, I knew that it was the end. I closed my eyes and awaited my unavoidable fate. There was the sound of metal scraping against metal.

I opened my eyes and saw a man in the uniform of the Fresenhai. He glanced at me and shouted "Run!" 

I snapped out from the confusion and didn't think twice as I bolted down the street. 

---------------

I sat with my back against a garbage dump. I thought that I was safe. I knew that this all is a bad dream and I would soon wake up. Eventhough, it was a cold night, I fell asleep. 

---------------

A flash of light woke me up in the middle of the night. At that moment, I thought the creature has found me again. I felt a jolt of fear and got up, unseathing a small knife my mother sneaked into my pocket before leaving the house. There was no sound except the crackles of the fire burning down properties. I looked to the sky and relaxed. It was just my imagination. It had to be. There was no way I would be one of them. One of those monsters. Well, I guess not all of them are monsters. That Yushei did save me after all. On that thought, I fell asleep and didn't wake up till the sun rose. 

I should've been more careful or more aware, but hey! None of my belongings got stolen that night. I got up and rubbed my eyes that morning and found a flock of dead birds around me. My eyes widened as one sentence ran through my head 'You're one of them'!