Captured

As me and Ixio trudged through the sands and debris of the city, I started to wonder why this mess happened inthe first place. We turned the corner to find the entrance shed. We knocked twice, as it was the code, and the old wooden door swung open to reveal a set of rickety stairs. We carefully descended while Ixio tapped the wall and hummed the tune from one of the old movies to signal that we mean no harm.

Once we reached the bottom, the main door slammed shut.

" Nala claimed!" Ixio cheered as he depositted Nala's cells in a tube which would send it to the boss.

"Why does the boss need Yashai cells anyway?" I asked.

"No one knows, all we know is that these cells can be used to trade with what's left of the government. "

'They must be researching on it.' I thought

Ixio sat down on one of the tables. Apparently, we were the first one to return from our daily missions. Usually, only 70% of the veterans survive and most newbies die on their first mission. If the newbie did survive, then he/she could join the Black Ravens. It was a cruel policy, but one must do what must be done to survive in this world. Food and water was scarce, so as the boss says in his weekly speeches,"only the strong belong".

Most newbies don't even want to stay in the Black Raven gang. They want to find the remnants of the government. Members of this gang say that the government does not really exist. That it's just a rumor to trick the desperate. I believe that they exist though.

There was a knock on the main door, but only one.

Ixio got up and unholstered his rifle. I grabbed my hatchet in case things got messy. The door swung open, but no footsteps on the stairs could be heard. I felt cloth on my mouth. This was the smell of Feltium,one of the minor poisons. It makes an individual paralyzed and unable to move. Dusts! It's the government! I passed out after I heard Ixio screem. No, did they kill him?