Chapter 7

Derek grunts as a dodge his punch. I go to kick him but he grabs my foot and tugs. I slip and fall on my back. It knocked the wind out of me. Derek gets down and straddles my waist.

"You have a lot of training to do." He says.

I bring my legs up and kick him where it would really hurt. He rolls off of me.

"Or not." He wheezes.

I feel a smile tug at my lips.

"You find this funny?" He asks as he gets up.

I shrug "a little." I say.

He rolls his eyes and flips me the finger. "let's go." He says. He starts limping away.

"I barely kicked!" I say as I match his pace.

"If that was barely then I don't want to know what you full kick was." He says.

I smile.
-
-
Derek stops limping halfway through the walk.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

Derek stops at a door. "You'll see." He opens the door for me.

I slowly walk inside. It's an empty room that is completely blue. Derek walks in and locks the door. There is a control panel with a bunch of buttons on it. Derek hits a bunch of them.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"You might feel a little sick." He says.

The whole room seems to start to spin. Making me fall on my ass. I watch as the walls spin faster and faster. This can't be happening. This has to be a dream. Then I start to float off the ground. The room is spinning so fast that it's just a blue blur. I'm floating in mid air. My hair blows around my face.

"What's happening?" I ask.

Or, I at least meant to. Nothing came out of my mouth. I try to look around. All I see is blue. Where is Derek? What's happening?