9. Every Friday

I rub my temples after lying down on the couch. It was a long drive to my parents' house, and I got a headache from thinking about Devin. I haven't seen her for over a week and I am so worried. I know it was my fault that she left. When I screamed at her, to leave my apartment, but she was just so... triggering. She is pulling all of my buttons, and sometimes she does it without realizing it.

I smile as I see blond hair from the kitchen.

"Hi mom." I smile. Then she peeks out the doorway.

"Oh, hey honey." She grin as she sees me.

"I didn't hear you come in." Mom says as she comes into the living room. She takes up my feet and lay them above her lap as she sit down.

"How are you?" She wonder. I rub my face with my hand of exhaustion.

"I'm fine, just very tired." I answer her.

"Well, it's good that you are here then." She starts to massage my feet, which makes me lean back in the couch with my eyes closed.

"Yeah." I grin in satisfaction.

"Where's ma and Alex?" I ask as I notice how quiet it is here. It's not normal. I mean Alex always plays loud music. Something mom is not really happy about, but ma on the other hand lets her. Ma thinks it is important that we feel like home here. She has always wanted us to be happy with the things we enjoy doing. Like now, Alex loves to listen to music more than anything and it's very loud. So, ma just let her, even though she knows that mom is very annoyed by it.

"Alex is upstairs doing her homework." I raise my eyebrow. She doesn't go to school.

"Homework?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, well, since she does not go to school, ma and I have decided that if she wants to live here. Alex must step up and do some cleaning around. She can't just sit all day playing on her computer or being out with her friends." Mom shrugs and I nod in agreement. She is right. Alex might struggle to find out what she wants, but that does not mean that she can't just sit on her ass all day.

"Ma she is," Mom, look at the clock on the wall.

"On her way from work," She smile as she gets out of the couch.

"So, I better get working on that dinner." Mom slap my foot before she finds her way into the kitchen again. I chuckle to myself as I lay back down and close my eyes.

I rush awake after I get a light slap on my cheek. For a moment, I thought it was Devin, but it has been just my little sister. Devin is that kind of person that could have done something like that, but she is not here.

"Hi." Alex smile, as she wrinkle her eyebrows, teasing me like she always do.

"Hey!" I say annoyed as she sit down on my feet.

"Move them, then." She complains, rolling her blue eyes. I sigh as I sit upright on the couch, looking irritated at my sister, but she just turns on the TV as she plays with her brown hair. Which makes me realize that she and Devin has the same dark brown hair color. Great, now I have Devin on my mind again.

"Hi, honey." Ma smiles as she come in the door with groceries, but then it fades as she sees me.

"What is it?" She wonders worried as she lean down to kiss my cheek.

"Nothing, just your daughter over here that is a pain in the ass." I say earning a look from Alex, but she turns back to the screen not long after.

"She does it, because she loves you." Ma smile as she bends down to kiss Alex's forehead. Then step into the kitchen where mom is. Alex wrinkle her nose annoyed by ma's words. I laugh of her as I stick my foot into the side of her stomach.

"Andi!" She shouts, but I just chuckle as I get out off the couch, finding my way into the kitchen.

"It smells good." I grin as I search to find out what it is.

"It's pizza." Mom grin and I watch ma roll her eyes.

"Every Friday." Ma mutter, but I can see the smile on her face. Mom always needs pizza on a Friday. It's like a family tradition. A weird one, not like we were a strange family from the beginning. I smile as mom kiss ma's cheek teasingly.

"Hello!" I hear from the living room and I sigh as I hear the voice of Ethan. I am going to be squeezed. We all step into the living room, but I smile as I see my little niece, Lyndsey in his arms. I rush over, stealing her from everyone else first. I hold the tiny one in my arms and kiss her forehead.

"She is so cute." I grin, nuzzling on the top of her head.

"Yes, she is." Ethan says, standing next to me. Even though he seems happy about her daughter. I can still see the sadness in his eyes. After Lindsey was born, Maya, her Lindsey's mother just left them at the hospital. It was horrible for Ethan, but they were not together and it was not a surprise that she left, but leaving your daughter is just awful.

But Lindsey is lucky to have her father, since he knows how it is to be left behind by his own mother, but also to have such a big family. Ethan named her after his grandmother who took care of him and Nathan, until she passed away. After that, they came to live with mom and ma before Jace and I came to the world.

"She has your hair." I smile, noticing that it has grown and that is getting light brown.

"Yeah," He smile.

"But she does not sleep at night." Ethan says and that is when I see how tired he really is. It can't be easy to take care of her own his own. Especially, since he has so much work on the side. It can't be easy being a lawyer and a single dad.

"If you want to I can take her for a couple of days?" I shrug. Ethan bites on his lower lip, unsure as he watches his daughter, who is still lying in my arms. I know it can't be easy to just hand you're two-month old baby to someone else, but I can do it and he needs sleep and to work.

"I take her with me on Sunday and you can come to pick her up when you have rested and gotten some work done." I say, and he takes a big sigh before nodding.

"Okay, it's good that I always pack double for her." He smile before leaning down to kiss his daughter on her forehead.

"That's nice of you Andi." Mom smile as she reaches for her granddaughter. I hand her over carefully, watching my parents, sit down on the couch. Looking at one of their creatures, as they always call us. Never truly understood that, not like I understand anything in this family, but I love them.