15. Devin Jocelyn Ward!

"I'm going to my parents this weekend. You'll be alright on your own, right?" I ask as I pack my clothes down in a bag, watching the younger girl sitting on my couch staring at the TV screen.

"Hey!" I shout.

"What?" She asks irritated. I repeat what I just said, and she just waves her hand to me.

"And don't steal any beer from the fridge!" I say strict.

"Yeah, yeah." She rolls her eyes.

"I mean it. I don't want you to have a hangover on your first day at school on Monday." I say, but she just keeps on ignoring me. She has been a little grumpy since we left the school. Which is a week ago and I can't handle her being cranky anymore. So, that's why I will go to my parents for the weekend.

"Whatever." She grumbles as I take my bag over my shoulder, finding my way over to the front door.

"See you later, Devin." I say, but she do not even turn to look at me or say anything. She has my number if there is anything, so I guess she is fine. I say goodbye before I close the door behind me and then find my way down to my car. Driving to the house where I grew up with my family. My big, funny, annoying family. Which I love with my whole heart.

"You are not going to tell me why, you just left last time?" Ma ask me with a raised eyebrow. Confused after I just left when I had to pick up Devin from the hospital.

"No. It was nothing." I smile.

"Didn't sound like it?" She says worried.

"Everything is okay. Just a friend that got a little hurt." I explain and ma just nods, accepting my privacy.

"Okay. Glad that you take care of your friends." She smile as she places her hand on my knee before she get out of the couch. Looking for mom in the kitchen.

"Hey." Alex says as she comes, sitting down next to me.

"Hi." I smile. She changes the channel on the TV, but I don't really care. Never really did when it comes to what is on the screen. I usually just watch what Alex is looking at.

"Have you decided where to go to college or what you want to do?" I ask unexpectedly. I need to think about something else, then grumpy Devin.

"No," She shrugs.

"Not yet, it's hard." Alex sigh, sinking further down in the couch with a yawn.

"You can always go for soccer, you have a big talent. You are better than all of us." I say encouraging, because it is true. She might be younger and shorter, but damn she is fast. The way she reacts and how she moves it's amazing to watch, but at the same time annoying.

Mom says she has it after me, which is probably true. I remember when we all played together. Ma has been always too fast for mom. It was funny to watch how irritated she was. Most of all how she cheated to try to get the ball away from ma.

"I don't know. I mean, if I start, I might just be on the bench and sit there for a while. Before I will even get the chance I would probably be in my twenty's and when I am in my thirty's, I am too old to play. There is no future in that." She says a little saddened by that thought.

"Something else in soccer then? Like a judge or a coach at a school?" I ask which cause her eyes to widen.

"Oh my god! Mom!" She jumps out of the coach and into the kitchen in a hurry so excited. I laugh as I hear her talking about wanting to be coach. Wow, that was not that hard after all.

She seems so proud about it as well. My parents seem happy that Alex has found out what she wants to do, which cause me to think about Devin. She hasn't said anything about what she wants to do when she finish high school. Well, first she has to graduate. Something I am going to force her to.

I wish I knew what she wanted to do with her life and that she was motivated, because that would have made the worry in me ease. But, Devin doesn't seem motivated to anything. She just don't give a damn.

Maybe I just need to find out what she likes to do and just work it out from there. I pick out my phone as I get a massage, which is from Devin. Saying that there is no more beer in the fridge.

"Holy fuck!" I shout standing up from the couch.

"Language!" Mom yells from the kitchen, causing ma to chuckle as I call Devin. I step up the stairs and into my room.

"Hi cutie." Devin says in her drunk state.

"Devin! I told you not to touch the beer!" I shout into the phone.

"Wow, calm down, cutie," She laugh.

"I was thirsty and they were just standing there completely alone." She explains and I hear something break in the background.

"Shit." Devin mutter.

"What did you break?" I yell angrily, feeling my body shake.

"No-nothing."

"Devin." I say with gritted teeth, trying to keep my voice low, but can't as she does not answer me.
"Devin Jocelyn Ward!" I shout.

"I'm here." She answer me finally, but I roll my eyes.

"What did you break?" I ask again. Scared that she has made a hell of a mess in my apartment.

"Just my beer bottle." She explain and I take a deep breath to calm down my fury.

"Did you spill beer all over?" I wonder worried.

"OUCH!" I jump from the sound of her in pain.

"Devin? Hello?" I try to reach her, but I can only hear her screaming, swearing words. She is going to wake up my neighbors.

"GODDAMMIT DEVIN!" I scream in so much fury that I can feel my body tremble in anger as I run down the stairs.

"Are you okay?" Mom asks as they all step out of the kitchen. Worry all over their faces.

"No, my damn friend is such a mess and she just..." I stop myself from talking to take a deep breath as I take on my shoes.

"You sound like your mom." Ma chuckles and I give her a look of anger.

"Sorry." She says.

"I have to go... again." I sigh as I step out the door.

c