30. I have missed you so much

I watch the girl I love fall down to her knees, crying with her arms open for the little girl. Kelly smiles as she runs into her big sister's arms. Devin stands up with her, holding her tightly as she turns around to me. Her eyes red with tears.

"I have missed you so much." Devin cry, closing her eyes so hard that her cheeks drown in tears.

"Missed you too, silly." Kelly say, making her older sister laugh through her tears. Then Devin lay one arm around me, burying her cheek on my shoulder. She kisses her little sister's forehead. I smile by the look of happiness on Devin's face. I have seen her cry one, but this is completely different. I lay my arms around both of them and kiss Devin's temple.

"I love you so much, Andi." She says and sniff, grabbing my shirt in her fist on my back.

Apparently, Kelly is not a shy little girl as I thought she was. When Devin let go of her little sister from the embrace, which lasted for a long time. Kelly wandered around the living room smiling curiously so everyone. Then when she found her confidence, she started to talk with everyone. Kelly really liked looking at Ethan's little girl. She asked so many questions that I think Ethan struggled to answer them. It was funny to look at his confused face. 

She has the same hair color and eyes as Devin. Well, Kelly calls Devin for Levin. Devin told me that she has done it since she started to talk. Kelly couldn't say the D so it ended up with an L. It's kind of cute to hear when Kelly calls for Devin. I can't hide the smile and the little laugh that comes out of me.

When we ate Christmas dinner, Kelly talked and talked. Keeping us all entertained with her little voice. Devin is a little sad by the fact that she doesn't have any present go give her sister, but I told Devin that I have some stuffed animals from when I was a kid and asked if we could take some of them. My girl was so relieved and lucky enough she found a tiger. 

She said that Kelly has always liked cats. Even though they never had one. Now they are both lying in bed. Kelly has taken all of Devin's energy, but no matter how tired she was, she just kept on going. I love the view of them both sleeping next to each other. Kelly all curled up next to her bigger sister and Devin with her arm around her. After changing, I lay next to them, brushing Devin's hair away from her face.

"Hi." I smile as she opens her eyes.

"Hi to you too." She whispers, reaching out to take my hand in hers. I lean in to kiss her forehead.

"Can I ask you how you did it?" Devin wonder amazed.

"My granddad works at the social service. I just called him and well," I look down at the now quiet girl lying between us.

"Here she is." I smile, leaning my forehead on Devin's.

"My granddad can help you to adopt her." I tell her, but to my surprise, Devin shakes her head as she brushes Kelly's hair behind her ear.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because I can't, I am too young and I certainly don't have money to take care of her. I have nothing to offer her." Devin says sadly as she strokes Kelly's cheek.

"Yes, you do," I argue, but she shakes her head again.

"Devin you have me and you go to school, working hard every day. We can take her together." I smile to her, but still she seems unsure.

"Who will stay at home with her? Who will...?"

"Devin we can put her into preschool."

"I don't have money for that." She say and by the sound of her voice, she seems upset about herself. That she can't take care of the person she loves the most.

"I have money for that, Devin." I promise her.

"I can't use your money." She argues, and I sigh in frustration.

"Devin, baby, I love you and would love to offer to adopt her for you." I say. My girl snorts as she bites her lower lip, but then close her eyes as she rub them.

"What if we split up?" She asks, worried, which makes me take a deep breath thoughtfully.

"Then we don't." I just answer as I shrug.

"But what if..."

"We don't." I smile.

"You can't just say that..."

"Of course I can." I keep on interrupted her. Devin wrinkles her cheek, meaning she is starting to get annoyed.

"Andi..."

"No." I shake my head, and then lean my forehead on hers. Closing my eyes of tiredness.

"It will be all okay." I mumble.

"You promise?"

"I'll always promise."