Chapter Sixteen

A/N
Hey guys!! So I'm back. :)
I decided (with yalls help) to move the last chapter. So the chapter wherein we find out what brought Rhia to the desert where she met Anna is now Chapter Six. I also went back and did a LOT of editing, and reformating, although as of yet I havnt changed anything story wise except rewriting the very last paragraphs of the previous chapter so they don't lead into a flashback that isn't there anymore. ;P Lol.
So here's the promised new chapter, hope y'all enjoy. :)

-------------------

Anna woke up to a hand grabbing her shoulder, shaking her vigorously. Anna went immediately to her knives, pulling them out and swinging wildly, only to see Rebecca looking down at her with amusement.

Anna looked behind the Oracle to see a gallant but war scarred stallion looking at her with the same amusement.

"Morning," Anna mumbled, feeling Rhia begin to wake behind her.

How the hell did they sneak up on us? Rhia thought sleepily to her.

You tell me, Anna thought back to her. You're the one with the giant ears.

My ears are not giant, the are perfectly proportionate to a Gryphon of my size, which is small. Rhia informed, smirking as only a Gryphon can as she stood up and stretched, arching her back like a cat and digging her claws into the ground.

Anna, who had been leaning against her chest, almost fell back from the sudden loss of her pillow. She caught herself, playfully glaring at Rhia, and got up to stretch as well.

"Rise and shine soldiers," the war horse said. He, like all bond creatures that had bonded to a human, was as intelligent as his former bond and capable of speech. Anna never before met a creature whose bond had died, most died the same day, the grief killing them.

"C'mon, we must get a move on before the heat hits" said Rebecca as she mounted the horse. "Oh, and this is Edmond. Edmond, this is Anna and Rhia"

Anna nodded in greeting to Edmond and replied to the Oracle, "We're coming." She climbed onto Rhia's back.

Rebecca and Edmond turned and galloped away through the towers, heading to the southern side.

Rhia looked longingly at the blackened remains of their supper, before trotting after the two.

Once they had reached the south-most side of the towers, they once again struck out across the desert.

Rhia and Anna flew in lazy circles over the Oracle and war horse on the ground as the made their way slowly over the ashy dunes. They traveled this way till noon as the began to approach a canyon. Rebecca waved them down, motioning for them to land. Rhia landed gently beside the two.

"Welcome to Garden," Rebecca said, barely concealed laughter filling her words.

Anna looked down into the empty canyon, wondering why she had listened to the crazy woman claiming to be an Oracle in the first palace.

"Oh, an empty canyon... Just what I expected your training camp full of elementals to be... Feel free to explain yourself at any time," Anna said, wondering if she and Rhia had been lured into a trap.

The Oracle laughed, "Oh ye of little faith.. C'mon, follow me. You're in for quite a surprise."

Rebecca and Edmond turned, walking to a narrow passage way that lead to the bottom of the canyon.

Anna looked down at Rhia, wondering if this was the time to turn and run or throw caution to the wind and follow the Oracle.

What else are we to do? Rhia thought to her. Where are we to go? I'm pretty sure if things go bad we can take care of ourselves, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt.