Chapter 2

So here you go guys sorry for the long wait, I hope you find this alright!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waking up the next morning in my small box bedroom the house stunk of stale booze as always. Even in my room with the door locked shut you could still smell it. Pulling an old batman tee over my head and putting on a pair of dark skinny jeans I could now see that I was running late for school. I quickly applied thick amounts of eyeliner over my green eyes and ran out of my house wearing an old pair of blue converse that one of my mates had stolen for me from an old shoe shop in town.

I know that stealing is bad and everything but it was my birthday and he didn't have much money. I try not to judge people for stuff like that considering how much of a mess my parents both are. They've always drunk since before I was even born. It's all they've ever done and it's not like they've ever abused me it's just that they don't really think of me as a daughter. More of an inconvenience but you get used to it. I was just left to my own devices from about the age of 5 really, not that it bothered me. I liked it if I'm honest. I suppose it's all I've ever known.

I begin to run down my long street, which is full of people just like my parents. People didn't really like my estate as they thought it was rough and full of alcoholics and potheads. I guess they're right but it's still offensive.

My school is on the other side of town, which is a 20-minute walk from my house. I knew that I was going to make it into school late. My school had a stupid rule where sixth formers had to be in for school at 8:40 to be registered even if they didn't have classes until the afternoon.

I was halfway down my long street of dodgy looking council houses when an unfamiliar old white beetle began to slow down next to me beeping it's horn and making me jump. Looking into the car that had just scared me ready to punch whoever the driver was in the face I heard a familiar laugh.

"Hey sweetheart. Did I scare you there?" I began to give him fake evils, I hardly knew this guy yet he was already making my heart accelerate no matter how annoying he was.

"What do you want Oscar?" I ask rolling my eyes; I really wasn't a morning person.

"Well I was going to offer you a ride seeing as you're going to be late to school but if you're going to be rude I might just have to throw you into the sea again!" he says winking at me. This time it was my turn to laugh.

"You're such an idiot!" I say climbing into the front seat of the car putting my feet against the dashboard. I really didn't want to run all the way to school today; smoking didn't exactly give me the greatest lungs to be honest. "But I would love for you to drive me to school!" I say giving him my best puppy dog eyes that worked on every guy I ever came in to contact with.

He sighed starting up the car.

Glancing at him properly I could see that he was wearing an old band top that I recognised and a pair of old blue jeans. His eyes today were still big and chocolaty and making my heart skip a beat. They really are hot. He was staring out onto the road with such concentration that his eyebrows scrunched together slightly. This made him look adorable and I couldn't help but smile. I began to look out of the window daydreaming. There was a comfortable silence that made me feel at ease.

I was starting to crave a morning cigarette, as I hadn't had time to have one at home today. Pulling a packet out of my bag I lit a cigarette and rolled down the passenger window blowing smoke rings cockily.

"I didn't say you could smoke in here." Oscar immediately says raising an eyebrow at me before turning back to concentrate on the road again.

"I didn't say you could throw me into freezing salt water but that didn't stop you."