Chapter 3

A/N Just a suggested song you obviously don't have to listen to it but enjoy!

Previously~
"...I don't think we'll become friends."

{Katie's POV}

I don't wanna meet up with that jerk to work on a stupid project. Why couldn't I have just been with Simone? Plus, I'm gonna be at his house. What if someone sees us? What if they think it's some romantic secret rendezvous? You know what? Whatever I'll be fine it's just until this project is over and we only have to tolerate each other.

I started to head over to Del's house after finishing my other homework. He was only a couple of blocks away so I walked following my phones gps to find the address he had given me. When it said I had arrived I gasped. His house was huge. It was about three times bigger than mine. Am I even in the same neighborhood?

I went up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Del came to the door and let me in mumbling a quick hello and then walking away. I then realized he wanted me to follow him. I jogged over to catch up and then had to walk quickly to keep up with his pace. After going through a maze of hallways we finally made it to his room. It was baby blue and black for the most part with some gaming posters and stuff. Pretty stereotypical guys room I guess.

He went and sat down on his bed and turned to me. "So what do we need to do?" "Research I guess. I brought my laptop so we can start looking up stuff about human behavior." We both got our computers and researched stuff comparing and putting together pieces of the report. Before we knew it it was already 6:00.

"Jonathan! Dinners ready!" Del's mom called out. "Oh, I forgot to ask, do you want dinner? You can leave otherwise." "Yeah, I'll stay lemme text my mom." I shot a quick text to my mom saying I'm having dinner with my science partner and went down stairs with Del. "You know, sometimes I forget your real name is Jonathan and not Delirious. Everybody just calls you that so I never hear Jon anymore." "Yeah, it's kinda weird sometimes when I have friends over because they actually don't know my real name." He scratched the back of his neck out of awkwardness and we walked in silence the rest of the way to the kitchen.

I had only seen his mother a few times when we were younger. She came to a few school gatherings and what not. She was beautiful, and from the smell in the air, an amazing cook too. We both grabbed a plate and loaded it with the food(favorite food).

"I hope you like it (Y/N). This is Jonathan's favorite!" I looked between Del and his mom. "Well it's amazing plus it's my favorite food too!" Del rolled his eyes as we continued eating. I made small talk, mainly with Del's mom, and it was really nice. Before I knew it I was done with my food and Del dragged me back to his room to work on the project.

We worked until about 8:00 getting most of the research done. He walked me to the door and I walked back home. I'm starting to think he's not that bad but then again we barely talked other than about the project. I guess I'll have to see about when we are actually conducting the experiment because I have a feeling that he is going to constantly ridicule me.

Hope you liked it. Sorry it's kinda short but I didn't want to get to spring break yet that's not until next chapter. Anyways,
Kisses ~ KD