Chapter 5

Suggested song^^^^
Small Disclaimer: I'm not the owner of Walmart. Just so you know. Please don't sue me.

{Katie's POV}

Why did I get assigned with him of all people? I had asked myself this about 20 million times within the last hour. We were at Walmart and I had to stand and try to reach things I simply couldn't reach while Del watched from around the corner to see if anyone would help me or not. Some simply laughed at me, similarly to Del, others helped me get poptarts or cereal or whatever I was reaching for. Luckily, I only had about ten more minutes. We were only staying for about three hours every time. That was our constant. The changing variable was how I looked, I could make myself look twelve, I could look homeless, or a could look like a normal high school/college aged girl.

Today I was twelve. All I did was wear bright clothes, no makeup and to top it all off two pigtails coming out the sides of my head. I think about five people asked where my parents were and I said they were over on the next isle but they wanted me to get the thing I was reaching for. It worked a bit too well. I wish I didn't look so freaking young, but I do and I have to just deal with it.

Delirious walked over to me a bit telling me it was time to go. "Ugh. Finally, I'm so sick of people talking to me in baby voices asking if I need help! I just...Ugh! Not like you care." "I don't but it is pretty dang funny. Wanna come over to mine and enter all this data. We'll go back tomorrow but might as well get as much done as possible today." "Yeah, I guess I have nothing better to do after the group ditched us for spring break." I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger side of his truck. I hated it. It made me feel short. He plugged his aux cord in for music. I, yet again, rolled my eyes. "Seriously? Have I not gone through enough torture today?" "Fine. You play your music then!" He forcefully shoved the cord towards me. "You're just gonna complain so just turn it off. I just wanna sit in silence." "Whatever." We really did sit in silence the entire way to his house. I almost felt a bit of tension but I ignored it. Once we pulled up I hopped out and waited for Del at the door. Once he got there, he did something shocking. He pushed me up against the door and kissed me. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there not kissing back wide eyed staring at him. I just don't understand how someone can go from hating me to kissing me. He pulled away after about a minute.

He had had his eyes closed and he slowly opened them after, then a look of shock showed on his face. "I..I..uh..I don't..uh." "Well we better enter that data." I tried to laugh it off even though I'm sure I was as red as a tomato. I moved away from the door and Del opened it. I was almost shaking I was so shocked. Now I definitely felt that tension it was awkward yet I almost felt...no I don't. I don't like Delirious! I just can't! Oh God I'm in denial which means I really do like him. This is gonna be weird.

--------------------------------------------
Stuffs happening! So exciting. And also that beginning part, that's where i entered myself into the story, I'm 17 (just today actually) and yet I still get offered the kids menu because I look 12. It sucks. Another part of myself in this book is that my name is Katie. I couldn't think of any names so I used my own. Haha yeah. Anyways,
Kisses~Katie