Chapter 2: On our way to travel!

They were in a dense forest. Two cloaked figures were on the tops of trees, seeming to be looking for something.
'Hey Asuna, do you see them?' The gold cloaked figure said inside her mind to the girl in the next tree.
'No Jewel, i don't. Are you sure they said this forest? You could have mistaken the name.' Asuna answered back in her mind.

Jewel and Asuna had the ability to talk between one another in there minds. Telepathy.

'Im sure its this forest, they said Root Wood forest. They should be here any minute now.' Jewel argued back. She looked around in the sky furiously. Then two small dots appeared in the horizon.
'There they are!' Jewel exclaimed to Asuna in her mind, making her wince.
'DON'T EVER SCREAM IN YOUR MIND AGAIN!' Asuna yelled, causing Jewel to fall out of the tree.
She landed on the ground with a big thud.
She groaned and sat up, rubbing the back of her head, still hidden by her cloak.
"Your the one to talk." She muttered, no longer using telepathy.

Jewel climbed back up her tree, the small dots getting bigger. Soon you cold see the outlines of two flying cats.
One was black with white ear tips, paws, stomach, and tail tip. It also has stripes on its head, back and tail. His eyes are blue. He was waring a red cloak with a white sash belt. Around its waist.
The other was white with brown paws, ears and tail tip. Her eyes are amber. She wore a blue amulet on a black chain. She also had a ring earring.

"JEWEL!" The black cat yelled and flew into Jewel's arms. She hugged to cat and laughed. "Hey Shadow, how you doin?" She asked Shadow.
He looked up and smiles. "Great! We found a lead!"
Asuna looked at her exceed. "Really? So Aster, where is the lead?"
Aster looked at Asuna, she landed on her shoulder and said, "The lead is in a town called Magnolia. Its kinda large, but theres leads of dragons there."

"YES! We finally have a good lead! Maybe we will actually find them this time!" She said happily and she descended from the tree, shadow right behind her.

Asuna went down as well. She looked at Jewel. "Don't get over excited, this still could be a false lead. We don't even know if there are dragons in Magnolia."
"We looked deep into it! There are four dragons there! That cant be made up, right?" Shadow said to no one in particular.
"Don't worry Shadow, you guys tried so hard, this has to be the right lead!" Jewel said, petting him on the head.
"Aster, where is Magnolia from here?" Asuna asked her exceed. Aster flew off her shoulder and said, "It's to the North-East. Out of Root Wood forest, theres going to be a line of Dark Oak. Then there will be the Burning Woods. Go about two miles North and you'll hit the outskirts of Magnolia." Aster said, her photographic memory keeping up.

Shadow shot up like a bullet from where he was. "It's such a big city too! There are a lot of people!" He said excitedly, his ability to move very fast allowing him to zoom around in circles, barely able to be seen.
"Lets go! The sooner we get there the better! We have to see if our dragons are there!" Jewel said.
"Fine. But once were there we go straight to where the leads go. Where is that Aster?"
Aster, who was trying to keep up with Shadow, stopped to answer Asuna. "It was at a local place called Fairy Tail. There called #1 place in Fiore! So it has to be pretty popular!" She said, then started to chase after Shadow again.

"I guess we better head out, we have to find another cave by nightfall." Jewel said to Asuna, looking up into the sky, the sun almost ready to go down.
"Yea. Lets get going." She then looked up.

"ICE DRAGON'S WINGS!" She shouted, and ice wings shoed up on her back.
"GOLD FIRE DRAGON'S WINGS!" Jewel shouted as well, wings of gold fire showed up on her back.

They set off to North-East in search of a cave. Aster pointed out a good sized cave, enough to hold at least ten people. When they descended down they both yelled in unison. "Extinguish!" "Break!" And there wings went away.

They set up there hammocks and chopped down a tree. Jewel lit the wood on fire, getting hit by Asuna when she tried to eat some of it.

They pulled out some of the frozen fish that they have kept and cooked it for dinner. The four friends sat in silence as they ate. Jewel broke the silence when she said, "Hey Asuna, what do you think Magnolia will be like?"
"I don't know, but i don't think I'm going to like it. There will be to many people." She grimaced at the thought of hundreds of people around her.
Jewel nodded in understanding.
"What do you think the people will be like?" She asked.
Asuna stayed silent for a moment, but then replied, "I don't know Jewel. Ive never been to magnolia. But they cant be all that bad." She said, not wanting to kill Jewels good attitude.
Jewel smiled while petting Shadow's sleeping figure.
"I cant wait to see kinhi again. I have so much i want to talk to him about!" She said eagerly. She had not seen the king of gold fire, her dad, in over 14 years since she seen him.
Asuna just nodded her head. She stared at the fire in silence. 'Where are you... Hisuko...' She thought to herself. Wondering where her mom, the queen of ice, had disappeared as well, and why. Jewel stretched and yawned.
"Im heading to bed Asuna. 'Night." She said tiredly. She picked up Shadow carefully and walked over to her hammock. She carefully got into it, making sure not to wake Shadow, and fell asleep.

Asuna stayed up a little longer. Still pondering about her mom. She finally sighed and gave up. She picked up Aster and got into her own hammock.
"G'night Asuna." Aster said quietly, drifting back into deep sleep.
"Good night. Aster." She said back. Gently petting her head before falling asleep herself.

-the next morning-

Asuna woke up to Aster stretching. She looked into Jewels hammock seeing it was empty, and looked over to the makeshift fire they made.

Jewel was siting close to the fire, munching on it happily. She saw a plate of fish, cooked to perfection sitting to the side. Asuna got up and stretched her tired muscles. Jewel saw her get up and said, " 'mornin!"
Asuna walked over to the plate of fish and grabbed one.
Jewel had finally ate all of the fire and she jumped up, happy as can be.

"Lets get goin'! We should be able to reach Magnolia by mid-day!" Jewel said while running over to pack her things into her black leather backpack.

Asuna just nodded and finished of the last peace of her fish. She then packed her things as well, into her own black leather backpack.

They both summoned there wings, Aster climbing onto Asuna, and Shadow climbing onto Jewel. They set off into the air.

They had finally reached the line of Dark Oak. They were about to head North when they heard a large growl.

A green slug-like monster was trampling the forest, chasing around a young kid, around his thirteens. He wore a t-shirt and tan pants. He had black hair and green eyes.

He ran away as fast as he could, but the monster gained on him. Jewel and Asuna reacted quickly.

Jewel used a fire dragon wing attack, making the monster stumble sideways. Asuna used a ice dragons roar, and since the monster was made of a gooey substance, it froze. The boy turned to see who had just saved him, but before he could see who it was, they disappeared.

Jewel and Asuna knew that there dragon wings would disappear soon, so they flew as fast as they could to try to reach the end of the Burning Woods.

Jewel looked down and now knew where it got its name. The pine trees were black, and had no leaves, making it seem as if the trees were just set on fire. The ground as well, was pitch black, and it smelled badly of ash.

Turns out long ago, these woods were burned to a crisp by a rouge fire mage. He wanted to gain power, so he set fire to the woods, trying to set fire to all the nearby cities. He burned all the woods, but the people came together to stop the fire, and protected the cities. The forest never returned to its original state. And therefore it was called the Burning Woods.

With only a minute to spare, They finally reached the outskirts of Magnolia. They both made there wings disappear, dropped down to the ground and walked over to the entrance. Well, Asuna walked, Jewel had ran to the entrance, and marveled at the big sign that held large words that spelled 'MAGNOLIA'. Aster and Shadow had flew of along with Jewel.

All four of them stood at the entrance of the great city of Magnolia.
"You ready guys?!" Jewel asked. well. Asked slash shouted. The exceeds landed on each of there partners shoulders, barely containing there excitement. Asuna nodded her head, and checked to see if her cloak was in place.
"Then lets go!" Jewel yelled, running into the vast city.

To be continued...