c h a p t e r 2

Kodie

Second week of school and the boringness is starting to break in. I really don't care for school much but I do want an education so I just have to show up.

It's now Friday and I'm ready for this weekend to sleep in and chill.

" Watcha'll doin tonite?" I asked them.

" Imma be at Casey's house." Dylan answered. I nodded and looked over to Jawan.

" Chillin at home like usual." He cooed.

" your so lazy" I said smacked my teeth.

" Not until basketball comes around."

" Kadia what about you! Come on guys I wanna do something fun."

They looked at me like I was crazy and laughed. " I'm serious! Movies? Go carts? Lazer tag? Mall? I'm bored as hell."

I watched as they acted like I disappeared. Jawan scratched the back of his neck knowing he had nothing better to do. Kadia is free too, and forget Dylan he can go with Casey. But Pryce...Oh that nigga better NOT come. I just can't take the pressure.

" Pwease..." I whined quivering my bottom lip.

" I'm down." Pryce added in.

I wanted to say NOOOOO. But I couldn't be rude so I nodded and waited for Dia and Wan to answer.

" Fineeee!" They huffed.

I smiled and caught Pryce staring at me hard. Everyone else was lost in their cellular devices and of course he had to be looking at me.

I smiled softly and he winked at me.
I don't know what that was supposed to mean but it caught my attention.
Does he actually like me?

I mean I think he's cute but I'm far away from having feelings. I don't know much about him and anything I do know is what preserved is which has proved he's creep.

" Good I'll pick you guys up later for?"

They all looked at me and yelled "LAZER TAG!"
*

*

*
Pryce

I got out of the shower and unplugged my speaker to only hook up my phone to my other speaker in my room.

I felt my phone buzz and looked at it.
Instagram Direct Message:

From Kodiee.trendz

Hey I didn't have ur # so I had to dm you but what's your address?

I chuckled softly, I think she forgot I had a car myself. But that's ok because I'll just go along wit it. I messaged her back my address and sat my phone down.

I then heard a knock on my door and the door opened without my consent.

" Pryce where do you think your going?" My mom asked.

I blew my breathe and turned around so I could see her face. She had her hands on her waist and she wasn't smiling.