Two sides

"Hiii there..! Are you ready for the competition for 'Orator of the year - 2013'?", asked the teacher as the first period of school started. "YES MAM!!"All the children chirped together.

"Ma'am, I will speak on friendship." Arnav shouted excitedly. "I'll share a horror experience.....BEWARE!" said Meera by making her face scary. "Best Luck!" said the teacher.

"Ma'am, I want to speak about Ubuntu?" Apoorv interrupted the conversation. And the whole class roared with laughter. "What's this, an animal or a thing?" taunted one of his classmates.

"Such a funny word...ha ha!" Meera was still holding her tummy and laughing.
"What's so funny....its an African word?" Apoorv was disheartened to see this unpleasant response. The class laughed again. "African...hmm...no wonder the word sounds weird....ha ha!" Meera said in a teasing way.

Apoorv had tears in his eyes by then. Now the teacher interfered here, "Calm down, Apoorv... and you all....try to understand before you react. Listen to him first and all of you must behave now onwards!"

"Mam, Africa isn't what we think it is. It's much more than just jungles and cannibals. It's a wonderful culture with loving, caring and open-minded people." Apoorv started.

"I love that place because I've spent beautiful 9 yrs in a wonderful African country called South Africa." The whole class gasped at this statement.

"If you all don't mind, could I give few glimpses of what I experienced there?" he asked. "Yeah, that would be awesome!!!", the whole class shouted.