Reminders

"Sorry Sensei." I whispered as I let my weight plummet forward and over the edge of the cliff.

The wind rushing up around my face and pushing my hair towards the sky that was growing further and futher away.

My hands rose above my head as I kept falling.

"KIYOMI!"

My name bounced off the cliffside and echoed within my mind.

I felt as a hand wrapped around my wrists as my body was brought to a abrupt hault.

I gasped as my eyes flew open, my head snapped up to meet the glare of a man I much admired. I gave a loud sigh before building my wall between my emotions once again.

He hauled me back to the top of the cliff again before setting me down and tying me up securely with ropes.

I was tossed over his shoulder as he began the walk back to the village.
"To think. Kakashi was wrong for once." He muttered.

I closed my eyes and sighed again.
"Behind every action is reason, Gai Sensei. To some it seems like a pathetic excuse well to others. Only understanding will cross mind." Were the only words

I spoke as he kept walking. The words once told to myself by the elder Uchiha brother.

Itachi Uchiha.

When I felt we had crossed the threshold of the village, I opened my eyes to assess the damage.

I saw women crying over the bodies of Fathers, husbands, sons.

I looked further into the ruins.

Men kneeling over their sons, their daughters, their wifes, their brothers, their family.

My brain, with my emotion barrier built high didn't want to process the pain and loss that those before my sight are suffering.

So instead I closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness that paired with such cowardice action.

~Time Lapse~

"That was reckless Kiyomi and you know it." I turned to face the grey haired, masked ninja who looked at me with a frown.

"Having already suffered such great loss. How do you think Asuma would have felt?" Kurenai asked with a soft frown as she looked to the door where Asuma had locked himself behind.

Their scorning was falling on deaf ears as, I couldn't find it in myself to really care. Just like everything now.

"With great loss comes great suffering." I began.
They all fell silent as I carried on.

"I didn't want to go through that ever again. The easier way is to cut off any emotion to do with greiving.
Therefore by removing any trace of emotion in my mind, it allows me to disengage with the emotion itself. Hence not having to suffer the pain of loss." My words were emotionless. Not caring.

My mind was only processing words and not so much emotion.

"However. In dying, I needn't block or feel any emotion. It was much less painful release."
The door slid open and Asuma stood with the other Jonin Sensei while I remained seated.

"So what you're saying is that you don't want to care?" He asked me. I looked at him with dead eyes.
"Very much."

His face was masked with anger and haterid but mostly sadness and grief.
"So you don't want his death to hurt you? You don't want to feel grief towards the man, who treated you like his own kin!?" He shouted. The room flinched while I remained emotionless.