Kiyomi vs J.T

"They can't be serious! She took on two Akatsuki members. She's too injured for another mission."
A lazy Chunin cursed as he stood between his Jonin Sensei and his accomplice.

"Sorry Shikamaru. The elders asked for her. With you, Neji and a Tenten." I smiled while prying my eyes open.
"Don't worry about it Shikamaru. I'm fine. Really." I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood with ease.

"Half of your body was crushed Kiyomi. Exactly how are you fine?" Neji asked as he glared daggers at me.
I shrugged.
"I heal real easily. Usually."

He still glared while Asuma smirked.

"The Elders say it has something to do with that J.T. Figured to opt you into this mission." He shrugged like it was no big deal and I smiled.
"I already accepted it. Okay. We should be back before Naruto and them get home." He nodded.

I looked to Neji and Shikamaru. "I won't let any of you die." I swore. They nodded.
"We won't be responsible for your death." I nodded to Neji.

"It'd be a drag to have to report a dead friend." I smiled at Shikamaru.
"Let's meet the fourth person at the gates and go." The two nodded before we left.

~Time Lapse~

"I'm Tenten. From squad 2. Graduated the same time as you both." She pointed to Neji and I.

"Entered the Chunin exams but my team didn't quite finish the second test."

Her hair was pulled up in two buns and she wore a ninja dress. She had nice brown eyes as well. Her spirit was warm as well. I think I might enjoy getting to know her.

"Nice to meet you Tenten. I'm Kiyomi Kitan. This is Neji Hyuuga and Shikamaru Nara." I introduced the boys and myself. She nodded.

"Alright then, let's get going."

~Time Lapse~

I placed my hand over the names I had engraved into the bark not to long ago.

Pulling out a kunai, I delineated a box around Old Man's name.

"There you go Sensei. Thanks for the ramen." I smiled.

"Kiyomi!"

I spun around just in time to deflect the kunai aimed for my head.
"Stay at the base of the tree." I ordered the other 3.

"I've a feeling this battle will be on a personal level." I took a deep whiff of the air, trying to catch a scent.

"J.T huh? Is there a reason you're targeting Naruto?" A deep laugh echoed around the area with a deadly air.

"So there's another Uzumaki brat? Hm. Maybe I should've brought him as well." He laughed again.

"Another Uzumaki? What do you-" I froze on the spot.

"What the hell did you do with Haruki!?" I growled into the air. The voice laughed again.

"Why don't you ask him."

There was a sound of something being ripped.
"Komi!" I rushed forward to the sound.

"Haruki." I whispered.

He sat at the feet of a man who wore a black cloak and a mask like Kakashi Sensei.
His eyes were a deep brown that set on me with a glare.

Haruki had tear stains trailing down his face and a large cut down his arm that was coated in dry blood.
"Komi." He whimpered.

I took a step forward just as the man pulled a kunai.
"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. That's not the way it goes Kiyomi Kitan." He tsked.

I paused as Shikamaru, Neji and Tenten landed behind me.
"I told you all to stay at the tree." I growled. My hands balling into fists at my sides.