Chapter one

^^^ Logan in wolf form

Logan P.O.V

Yep, that little mutt up there is me. I'm the weakest in the pack, so small and defenseless. I'm treated as a pest but I know that they secretly find me cute. I hate that I'm so fuzzy and 'cute'. I'm a cold-blooded killer God dammit and I'll rip anyone to shreds just ask and it's done.

But according to my size as a dog which is about fifteen cm in width and ten in length, I'm weak and considered an omega even if I am a beta. It's just because I'm small and they find me just a bother who is always trying to get in on the action and they think I can't do anything because I'm fragile and they all laugh at me. By they I mean my stupid pack.

It doesn't matter anymore about my height as a wolf. Today is my eighteenth birthday and I'll be able to smell my mate at approximately twelve o'clock midnight and my mate will see just how fierce I can be. Just because I'm really small and the average size of a wolf is 6'2 doesn't make me any less of a wolf. I can be a huge asset to our defense and attack military for the pack.

"Hey mutt didn't see you there" Nate laughed after bumping into me. "I'm in human form" I grumbled if he wasn't the Alpha I'd show him a thing or two. In human form I'm 5'5 I have no clue why I shrink when I turn I just do. Nate is 6'3 in human form which makes him in wolf form around 6'8. Sometimes I think I spend most my life looking up at people and I think my neck is getting damaged because of it. I have to always look Alphas and betas in the eye but I can do what I want when it comes to omegas but I look them in the eye too because it's polite. What! I can be deadly and well-mannered thank you very much.

"By the way, happy birthday" Nate smiled before leaving the kitchen. Nate is twenty and he is really nice and tolerant of me. All alphas take the throne at the age of thirty but our previous Alpha was killed making Nate an alpha when he was eighteen, two days after his birthday. The alpha line runs in the family making the Alpha Nate's father. I comforted Nate after that and he allowed only me to do so. His little brother Kyle who is nineteen who is also my best friend, thinks that Nate and I are mates and I would tell him that he is nuts but secretly I hope that he is my mate.

All day I just hopped around the house reminding everyone it's my birthday and that I would be able to find my mate. They stopped caring about it after I told them the seventeenth time. "Yes, yes lucky you, but you do know that some wolves never find their mate or it takes them years and we need to address the fact that your mate might reject you" Chris smirked down at me.

"My mate wouldn't reject me, it's not gonna happen and it won't," I said trying to reassure myself. Kyle hit Chris upside the head "no mate is rejecting any mate" he said to me but glaring at a scared Chris "b-but what if my mate does Kyle, then I'll be mateless" I pouted "No one can resist your cuteness in human or wolf form and your height just adds to it, your mate is gonna love you" Kyle smiled putting his hands on my shoulders. Mind you he had to bend a bit because he was really tall.

It was seven o'clock when we had the party and it was going all through the night. No one really came for me or to wish me a happy birthday. They came for the booze and sex but I don't really mind the party was a bust for me anyway so why not let them have their fun. However, my cake was destroyed before I even got to see it. It really upset Kyle because he was the one that made it. Nate wasn't so happy about it either and was about to beat some sense into the cake monster if I hadn't stepped in.

That's right, I stopped the Alpha in doing something which makes me strong. I said, "No you won't, sit your butt down"... Okay, it didn't really go down like that but you get where I'm coming from.

Everyone was having fun dancing and what not but I was so sleepy and it's past my bedtime. That is if I had a bedtime. It doesn't matter anyway it's about eleven now. Maybe I can have a quick doggie nap and then wake up at twelve and find my mate if he or she is even in the pack.