Chapter 4: The First Night

Dipper POV

I dragged a mattress into my room and placed it on the floor next to my bed. I pointed at it. "This is where you'll sleep." I said.
Bill nods. "But one thing." He said. "You're gonna need to teach me how to sleep."
What?? He doesn't know how to sleep? I thought. Well I didn't blame him. Demons probably don't sleep.
I sighed and laid down on the mattress. "You just lay down," I said as I closed my eyes. "Shut your eyes, and just relax. You'll fall asleep eventually."
Bill carefully observed my demonstration and nodded. "I think I got it." He stated.
I stood up. "Good. Now you try."
He took off his jacket and hat and placed them on the floor. He sat on the mattress and laid on his back, as stiff as a board. "This feels weird. I don't like it." He flatly spoke as he looked up at me.
"That's because you're too tense. Relax a little." I told him.
Bill relaxed his muscles and sighed.
"Better?" I asked, and he nodded as his eyes began to get heavy. I got in bed while he fell asleep. I stared at the ceiling and thought about the future. I took off my hat and rested it on my chest. Smiling, I turned off the lamp by my bed and fell asleep.

Mr. Fly POV (3rd person perspective)

It was around one in the morning, Dipper was sound asleep, snoring quietly. Bill was stirring in his sleep, grunting and squeaking in distress. His eye flew open and he sat bolt upright.
Bill got on his hands and knees and crawled over to Dipper's bed. Holding onto the edge of the bed, he lifted himself up and rested his chin on Dipper's pillow. He lifted up his right hand, extended his index finger and poked Dipper's cheek.
"Pssssst. Pine Tree." He whispered. Dipper slowly opened his eyes and looked at Bill, sighing.
"Whaaaaaaaat." He groaned.
"I saw something really terrifying. More terrifying than my home." Bill whimpered.
Dipper rolled his eyes and moved himself closer to the wall. "Get in." He said.
Bill crawled into Dipper's bed and covered himself with the blankets. "Better?" Dipper asked.
Bill nodded. Dipper closed his eyes. "Goodnight."
"Goodnight..." Bill responded. He looked over at Dipper, who was already asleep. He wrapped his arms around his fiancé, resting his head on his chest and smiled. Bill sighed and fell asleep, comfortably next to the one he once loathed.