Ch. 4: Training Exercise

Serena's POV

The sun seeped through my window that I left open last night. I turned the other way to block out the light. But it was too late. I had already woken up. I groggily opened my eyes and sat up. Blinking a couple of times, I looked at my surroundings. I was at the old abandoned Senju compound, that Gramps rebuilt and fixed up for me.

I looked at the clock. 9am. Today was the exercise. I knew Kakashi was going to be late, might as well take my time. I went into the bathroom to take a shower. I lathered Japanese Blossom shampoo into my hair and then rinsed it out. I scrubbed my body until it was squeaky clean. I turned the water off, wrapped a towel around, and put on my ninja clothes. I also put on my two necklaces and bracelet. I tied my headband around my waist.

I went downstairs into the kitchen to make some breakfast. Pshh puke my ass. I ate some eggs and drank a glass of orange juice. I put some rice balls into a bag for lunch later. I got my weapons and my two books and put them into the pouch and headed towards the training ground.

I arrived about 10 mins later. "HEY YOUR LATE!" Sakura and Naruto yelled at me. I laughed nervously "Sorry about that... a black cat crossed my path and I had to take the long way." I told them. "YEA RIGHT!" They yelled. I rolled my eyes and sat on the ground besides Naruto.

A couple minutes later. POOF! "HEY YOUR LATE!" the idiots yelled. "A black cat crossed..."

"Don't even bother! She already used that excuse!" Sakura pointed to me. Kakashi looked at me and I blinked at him innocently. He chuckled and brought out a clock.

"Your assignment is simple." he pulled out three bells. "You have to take these bells from me before the alarm rings. If you can't get it, you will go without lunch and be tied to those posts and will watch me eat my lunch."

I grinned. Phew! Thank god I had a heavy breakfast. "Ready...go!" The three of us jumped off into the woods to hide, while Naruto stayed behind.

I sighed. "You and me right now fair and square!" I shook my head. I heard a noise behind me.

"What the HE-" A hand slapped my mouth closed. I looked up and saw Sasuke glaring at me to be quiet. I narrowed my eyes at him.

I turned back around to see Kakashi pull out Icha Icha. I silently chuckle. "...One thousand years of death" I put hand over my mouth to keep from laughing out loud. "Hey.. Sasuke. We need to work together to get the bells." He scoffed. "Don't you understand.. it's about teamwork! Trust me!" I exclaimed quietly.

Sasuke crept up behind me and threw a series of kunais and shurikens.

"Sasuke, you idiot!" I whisper yelled and jumped out of that tree to find another hiding spot. Great, that idiot exposed us. He'll get buried anyways. I silently went up to Naruto and cut off his rope. "Shh. Naruto we need to work together!" I explained. "Sorry Ser-chan, but I have to do this by myself to become Hokage!" 

"But Naruto! Even Hokage's need help!" I tried. I walked off to find Kakashi.

"Ahh there you are Serena. I was wondering when I'll get to fight you." he said still reading his Icha Icha.

"Well I guess it's your lucky day huh Sensei? We're going to fight again after 7 years!" I exclaimed. He chuckled and put his book away.

"Looks like I'll be wanting to put that book away if I'm going to fight you." I grinned. I got into a fighting position. I slipped my hand into my weapon couch and pulled out some kunai, I aimed them at him. He effortlessly dodged. I ran up to him and started to punch. A Taijutsu battle began between us. I kept throwing attacks and he kept dodging.