Ch.10: Squad 1, The Sand Siblings, and the Kiss

Serena's POV

**1 week later**

I was reporting to the Hokage for next ANBU mission. Yes I had done a couple of assassinations already. I was very familiar with my squad already. Actually VERY familiar. You readers might know them too! If you're thinking Yamato and Sai, you are absolutely correct. Yamato san was assigned to me because we both have wood release. And honestly I don't know what Sai was doing in our squad, even though he was a Root Member. That slick old Danzo probably has something planned.

Anyway, Sai and I had gotten a long pretty well. He was one of my good friends now. I know what you're thinking. Sai... a friend? Yes.. it took a while for me to crack his shell, but I eventually did. He told me that I was the only one he talked to and enjoyed it. In the anime he always uses nickname...what did he call me? Of course the nickname everyone does! Angel. :) I was pretty surprised about it. But he said I looked like one.

Sometimes I hang out with him after our missions. I always help him draw his abstract paintings. I also know his stories that he told me about his brother. Once you get to know him, he actually opens up. Sure he's awkward sometimes, but he's grown on me.

Captain Yamato is just like an uncle to me. On occasion I call him Uncle Yama. He was the one who taught me how to use wood release when I was younger. We have gotten pretty close, he can still be a bit scary sometimes, but he also calls me Angel.

Overall, I was happy with my Squad 1. Now I have two teams, one Team 7 and two Squad 1.

Anyways, we finished up our assassination pretty quickly. The guy wasn't that big of a deal. I was walking around town wearing my ANBU outfit and mask. I know I know, ANBU's are supposed to be all secretive, but not me! I don't really care if people find out I'm ANBU. I'm practically a walking target with or without my mask. ANBU outfit shown. The vest that is shown is a full vest. Imagine the vest cutting off below her ribcage.

I felt like I was forgetting something. I thought about it for a second. Wait... That's it! The Sand Siblings were coming! Oh shit.. I start jogging through the town. I see Naruto and Sakura up ahead in front of Kankuro and Temari. Sasuke hadn't arrived yet. I hide behind the trees, hiding my chakra, and listen.

When Kankuro was about to punch him, I flashed over and held his wrist. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked him. He looked at me wide eyed. I had to admit.. my ANBU mask was a bit terrifying. No one had seen this type of mask.

"Uhmm uhh..." he stuttered. I grabbed Kono and put him down besides Naruto. A rock came and was flicked onto Kankuro's head. Looks like Sasuke had arrived. I peered at him through my mask.

"You're a long way from home and way out of your league." Hmph! Show off! "Kankuro..." a deep voice called. Ahh he's here. "Back off, you're an embarrassment to our village."

I walked forwards. Attention was on me, after all you don't see an ANBU walking around. "Ahh the Sand Siblings. It's good to finally meet you."  They narrowed their eyes at me. "What's an ANBU walking around..?"

I looked at Gaara and smirked. "I just came back from my mission and wanted to spend a bit of free time." I laughed. My laughed sounded like a vizard's voice because of the mask. Yes a vizard from Bleach! Imagine it! ^^

Naruto and Sakura looked at me terrified. Sasuke was suspiciously looking at me. "Awwww you guys don't recognize me yet?? Well I understand that my voice is a bit different, and my outfit has changed.. but seriously come on." No response. I sighed. "Even you don't... Naru-chan?" I asked.

Naruto's eyes widened in shock. "S-Serena??" he yelled out. I smirked and slowly, but dramatically pulled of my mask. The wind picking up flowing my hair. I smiled at him.