Part 2

Joe's POV

We're on fire now.

That's it, I think to myself, and grab my coat. I run out the door, heading straight for your apartment. I can't, I just need you to know how I feel. Y/N, I need you. Y/N, please.

I knock, and wait impatiently for you to answer. You open, wearing that dress which makes you look so amazing.

"Y/N, can we talk?"

I don't care what people say when we're together, You know I wanna be the one who holds you in your sleep. I just want it to be you and I forever, I know you wanna leave so com'on, baby, be with me so happily.

***

"Y/N, can we talk?" I gasp, as I've ran all the way here. Y/N looks at me, shocked that I'm here. "Joe what are you doing here?" she asks, sounding a little frightened. "We need to talk," I say firmly, "please."

She looks past me, nervously. "This isn't the best time to talk," she said, wiping tears which fell on her face. Only then did I notice that one of her eyes was slightly purple, despite the amount of make up hiding it. "Y/N, is everything alright?" I ask, petrified of what happened to her.

"Joe, please," she whimpered, as she started to cry. I walked up to her, and she fell into my arms.

"Y/N, Y/N," I panicked, "It's okay, It's okay, no one will hurt you." I hugged her, and stroked the back of her head as she cried into me. She held onto me, and I was scared to think what happened.

Y/N's POV

I came home from visiting friends. I had to take my mind of things, forget about what happened. I sat in the house, and cried. I wanted to forget about him, I wanted to feel safe again. Suddenly, the house bell rang. I was petrified, I thought it could be him...

I looked, and it wasn't: it was Joe.

My Joe.

I opened the door, still shaken from crying.

Joe kept asking could we talk, but I was scared. What if he heard? I thought, what if he came back? All at once, I broke. He wouldn't come back, but I was safe, here, with my best friend.

I was safe, here with Joe.

Joe's POV

Y/N wiped her eyes, welcomed me in, and locked the door. She was still crying as we went into the kitchen. I passed her some tissues, and took her hand. "Y/N, I promise you everything will be okay, trust me," I said, trying to reassure her. We sat down in the living room, and she told me what happened.

"He-he came back drunk," she stuttered, as she cried, "very drunk. Whenever he was drunk, he-he was angry. I-I tried to calm him down, tell him to go-go to sleep on the couch, but he refused. Suddenly, he started to... to break the plates which were on the table. I-I screamed, p-petrified of what would happen. He then came up to me and p-punched me."

Y/N sobbed, and I held her close. That... he doesn't even deserve to be called a man, that stupid jerk. How dare he hit a woman, how dare he touch Y/N. If I ever see him again... I don't know what I'll do.

"I fell down," Y/N sobbed, "but he-he ignored me, and went to my fridge and took another can of beer. I-I ran to my bedroom, and locked myself. He started to bang on the door, saying he-he was breaking up with me, then he left, still drunk..." Y/N was practically whispering by now, "He hasn't been back since."

I held Y/N in my arms, trying to calm her down. "When was this?" I asked, stroking her back for comfort. "Two weeks ago," she said. That pig hit her so hard after two weeks she still had a black eye. What a-

"Y/N, I can promise you no one will hurt you now," I said, and she turned to look at me. "I came here to tell you that you are the most wonderful person I have ever seen. Seriously. You are my piece of paradise. You are everything I think about, everything I ever wanted. That idiot didn't deserve you, you are so much better than what he thinks." 

I took Y/N's chin, and lifted it up. "I love you Y/N," I said, "And when I say that, I mean it. You are amazing, smart, funny, attractive, everything anyone would ever want. I remember when I first started falling for you. You know when that was? Years ago, back at school. All these years, I was scared you never felt the same way about me, but Y/N, I love you."

I kissed her forehead, and she hugged me.

"Joe."

"Yeah?"

"I love you too."

I lifted her chin, and we kissed.

"Y/N, he will never hurt you again... I promise."