Part 3

Second person's POV

It had been a month since you and Joe had been going out. You almost forgot how your ex hit you, but you still had nightmares occasionally. Every time, Joe was there for you, comforting you. "I promised he'd never hurt you again, and I will keep that promise," he kept reminding you. He was the best boyfriend you could have ever imagined: a gentleman, always making sure you were okay, and he was always there for you.

You felt safe, knowing he would always be there for you.

That is, until yesterday.

***

You and Joe were walking back to your apartment from a date night. Joe insisted he would take you home. "Y/N," he began, putting on a funny impression, "I am your gentleman, and I will escort my ladyship home tonight." He said, opening one of the doors for you.

When you reached your apartment, you invited Joe to come in for 10 minutes. You opened the door, and saw a white piece of paper on the floor. You told Joe to go to the living room, make himself at home. You picked it up, thinking it was a flyer or something, but reality was scarier than that.

Y/N WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! DON'T YOU REMEMBER YOU ARE MINE? IF I FIND OUT YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES ME I WILL FIND YOU AND HIM, AND IT WILL END. HE DOESN'T WANT TO MESS WITH ME. I WILL FINISH THE TWO OF YOU.

You started shaking, feeling your whole body going weak. You knew he was violent, and you knew he would hurt you and Joe if he wanted to. Joe came to see you, just as you started to weaken. "Y/N!" he shouted as he saw you falling.

Joe's POV

I was sitting in Y/N's living room, waiting for her. On one of the shelves, I saw a school picture of me and her on our graduation day. We were thrilled with our results, and hugged each other. I was amazed Y/N kept that picture after all these years.

Suddenly, I heard Y/N gasp. I got off the seat and went to see her. Looking at her, I saw she was mortified. She was pale, shaking, and crying... "Y/N!" I shouted, and ran to her as I saw her falling.

I caught her just before she fell.

She was sobbing, holding a crumpled white letter in her hand. What is happening? I thought to myself. Still holding her in my arms, I placed her down on the floor, and sat next to her. She curled into me, and we hugged. Whatever that letter said had hit her hard. I've never seen Y/N so petrified, and I've known for her for years.

"Honey, what's going on?" I ask, but she didn't even look at me: she just gave me the letter.

I read it...

Oh Y/N.

"Honey, it's alright, it's okay, it's okay," I said, holding her close, "he's not here, he won't hurt you." We stayed like this until Y/N finally began to calm. All this time, I let her know I was always there for her, that I would protect her. Despite all my tries, Y/N was terrified, as the words of the letter sunk into her. She just kept shaking, repeating to herself words that either I said or which were on the letter.

Even when evening came, Y/N still wasn't her normal self. That jerk was out there... he knew where Y/N lived, and that petrified me most.

***

It was 11 at night, but Y/N was still shaken from the letter. What type of monster would put someone he 'loved' through so much pain and fright?

When I prepared some hot chocolates for us earlier, I asked Y/N if she wanted me to stay the night with her. She didn't even answer back: just silently nodded her head. It killed me seeing her like this. Even her eyes which normally glistened with life turned stone... There was nothing I could do: I could tell her I was always there for her, but I couldn't help her not be scared anymore. I wish I could do more. She deserves so much more than me.