Chapter 1

The sun shone brightly over the small village, people wandering the streets; buying and selling things as they went along. Everyone was simply enjoying their lives as normal. Amongst all of these people was a young girl around the age of ten, her long blonde hair cascaded down her back in soft ringlets. Her light blue dress dragged along the ground lightly as she walked, it being slightly too long on her. She had a happy smile on her face as she skipped through the village, picking flowers as she went along, putting some in her hair, the others she arranged in a small bouquet which she hoped to take to her mother and little sister.

As she wandered further down the roads of the village she heard the voices of the other children who lived there. Although, today the voices didn't sound joyful or kind they sounded rude and taunting. Her eyebrows knit in confusion as she walked towards the source of the noise. There, in the middle of the village was a group of children tormenting two other children. In the center of the group of children stood a girl and a boy, trying to back away from the others. The girl had piercing blue eyes and blonde hair; she stared angrily at the other children yelling back at them and telling them to go away. The boy next to her on the other hand stood silently. He had a mess of dark brown hair on the top of his head and blue eyes to match the girl next to him; although, his eyes were much softer and not as piercing as hers.

The young blonde who stood watching all the commotion began to become angry. How dare they be so rude to others? That was what she thought to herself before running over and pushing her way through the crowd, standing in front of the other two children protectively.

"How could you be so rude? What have they ever done to you?" she questioned the group of kids in front of her.

"They're a bunch of freaks, they deserve it!" one of the boys retorted. The boy had freckles that darted across his cheeks and fiery red hair. The girl looked at the red headed boy in front of her, absolutely furious.

"No one deserves to be treated like that! Now, go away!" she yelled before they all began to mutter to each other as they dispersed through the village. The girl let out a loud huff before turning towards the other two children behind her.

"You shouldn't have done that" the boy spoke looking at the blonde in front of him "now they're probably never going to talk to you again"

"Then, so be it. I don't want friends who treat others so poorly" the girl replied to him, her hazel eyes gazing into his blue ones. The boy smiled slightly at the girl before thanking her quietly.

"Yes, thank you" the blue eyed girl finally spoke, her bright eyes seeming to soften slightly as she looked at the other girl "no one's ever stood up for us before"

"Well, I'll always be here to stand up for you! I'm Anna" the blonde replied sticking her hand out to the two in front of her.

"Jane" the bright eyed girl replied, the closest thing to a smile on her face "and this is my brother Alec"

The sound of a car horn snapped the girl out of her thoughts as she crossed the road. She looked to her right seeing she had stepped out onto the road as a car was coming.

"So sorry!" the girl called to the driver, jogging the rest of the way across the road. She sighed as she watched the car drive away before continuing to walk down the busy streets of London, England. She always found herself coming back to London, she travelled all around the world but she always saw London as her home. The girl was quite certain that the city of London was near where her once small village was built those thousand years ago.

Thinking of her home only brought more memories back to the surface as the girl continued to walk.

Anna skipped through the village just like she did those five years ago when she had met the twins. Her hair was tied in a messy braid that she tucked to the side, feathers dangling through it. Her dress dragged on the ground once again, only this time the dress was a dark green.