Chapter 15

"Oh, Anna" the older blonde wept as she ran to cradle her daughter. The two reunited loved ones sat crying with dried eyes as they held each other.

"Well I'll let you two dolls catch up" Brandon spoke in his usual menacing tone as he walked from the two of them and out of the small shack.

"I thought you were dead" Anna fumbled out, staring at her mother in awe.

"I though the same for you" her mother cried "but look at you; you look stunning" she added as she looked over her daughter whom she's been mourning over the past thousand years. However, Anna couldn't even manage a response as she just collapsed back into her mother's arms. The older woman simply shushed her daughter quietly, mumbling soft comforts into her ear. The two stayed like that for hours eventually pulling away and catching up years' worth of time. Anna's mother didn't have much to tell as she'd been locked up with Brandon for at least five centuries; she did however enjoy listening to her daughters tales, until a sparkling ring on Anna's left hand caught her eye on the two's seventh day together.

"Who's the lucky boy?" the older vampire asked as she took a hold of Anna's hand, the small smile which had graced her face the full week she'd been talking to her daughter stretching into an even larger one. Anna's smile also increased as she looked at the ring which sat delicately wrapped around her finger.

"You remember Alec don't you?" Anna questioned quietly "he and Jane are still alive and actually Alec had just recently asked me to marry him. I'm marrying my best friend, mother!" Anna added on excitedly before she began to frown as she looked at the ground.

"At least, I was going to..." Anna finished off sadly as she realized that it would probably never happen now.

"You still will" her mother consoled her, holding their hands together. You'll get out of here, I know you will"

"And you'll come with me and walk me down the aisle to meet Alec at the alter" Anna spoke softly as she looked into her mother's red eyes.

"Well isn't that sweet" Brandon came in ruining the moment the mother and daughter were sharing "it almost makes me want to vomit up that lovely farmer I ate for lunch" Anna nearly gagged at his words as the red headed boy began to skip towards her.

"Speaking of lunch, look at those lovely red eyes of yours" Brandon spoke in a taunting manner as he grabbed Anna's face between his hands "isn't it great seeing yourself become the monster you always dreaded being? I mean just look at the marvelous beast I've created" he continued as he grabbed the cracked mirror and holding it up in front of Anna. She refused to look in the mirror however, as she couldn't bear to see those red eyes looking back at her. Brandon loved seeing her squirm away from the mirror before he dropped it only to leave the room cackling. The boys laugh sent a chill down everyone's spine as he walked off before muttering a small 'you know what to do' to a group of boys who stood by.

"Why are you so ashamed to look at yourself my darling?" Anna's mother asked softly as she saw her daughter hide her face in her hands.

"Because I'm a monster, I've forced myself to drink from animals for years because I didn't want to turn into something hideous and now that I've finally tasted human blood and enjoyed it and it makes me hate myself" Anna snapped out, completely disgusted by herself.

"My dear, you could never be a monster. Enjoying it is your natural instinct now, don't fight it. Embrace what you are and don't loathe yourself for it. You will always be my darling little Anna, remember that" the older woman spoke, taking her daughters face between her two ice cold hands.

"You mean that?" Anna sniffled out.

"Of course" the woman responded, planting a soft kiss on Anna's head. Anna managed a soft smile before her face turned into one of panic as the small group of boys who had stood in the corner ripped her mother out of her arms.

"What are you doing?!" Anna yelled outraged they were taking her mother away.

"Times up" the oldest of the group simply stated, confusing Anna even further. They'd left her and her mother together for over a week, why would they take her away now? Anna looked to Ian for help but he seemed just as confused as she was, but before anyone could ask any more questions each boy grabbed Anna's mother and ripped her to pieces. The world went in slow motion as Anna heard the cracking sound of each of her mother's body parts being ripped from her being, along with her blood curdling scream before there was a long silence as the woman's head left her body.

Ringing – ringing in her ears was all Anna could hear as her mother's numerous body parts tumbled to the ground. The boys waited for a reaction as they watched the young blonde sit in silence, staring at the scattered body of her mother. They had expected a cry of pain or a violent outburst from the girl but instead the girl just sat there, not even blinking. Ian had been horrified at the sight and quickly rushed to Anna's side; he had grown to care for the girl and was worried for her as the sight they'd just witnessed must have been unbearable for her.

"Anna?" he asked carefully placing a delicate hand on her shoulder. Silence was his answer before the girl took a long ragged breath, letting out a blood curdling cry as the whole shack blew to pieces sending all of the boys including Ian flying away from her. It was like the blonde was a bomb and everything around her blew to pieces. She sat there for what must have been an hour before realizing what she had done. Her powers had grown so great from the mix of the human blood strengthening her and her emotions being spiked, that she had completely destroyed everything around her. Shakily she stood from her spot on the ground before looking around to see the scattered bodies of the boys who killed her mother all set alight from the power which had radiated from Anna's body. However as she looked around something seemed to click in Anna's mind – Ian, what had happened to Ian? Quickly Anna ran around looking at the mess she made in search for Ian before finding him lying on the ground about twenty foot away from her, a large crack going up his face.

"Ian?" Anna repeated frantically as she shook the boy awake, sighing when his eyes finally opened and the crack on his face began to heal "Ian I'm so sorry I didn't mean to I was just upset and my emotions got out of control"

"It's alright, it's understandable considering what just happened" Ian managed to croak out as he sat up to face the blonde he'd grown close to over the past while. Anna nodded slightly in response before complete and utter rage took over her.

"We have to get out of here. I won't leave you with that monster. Come with me, I have a few things to take care of before I return home" Anna demanded in a much harsher voice than Ian had ever heard her use "How do you feel about having some dinner" she asked turning to Ian with a sour and nearly sadistic smile etched across her face.