Chapter 9 (Epilogue)

Last chapter of BTE

The ending chords to my song Tim McGraw echo through the walls of the small Nashville venue, as i hear the screams from a few hundred super fans chanting what's next. Everything Has Changed.

I've been on this tour for over half a year and this part of the concert never fails to make me nervous, not the scared-for-a-test nervous, but the I'm-about-to-see-the-guy-I-love nervous.

I smile up at the crowd taking it all in, this is the last Red Tour concert in America, so I was taking it all in, memorizing the screams, the posters and outfits the fans came in, and definitely the happy feeling that came along with being on tour.

"I'm assuming you guys know what's next?" I joke into the mic.

Next to me a blonde headed girl starts to scream her head off, jumping up and down with the fact that Ed will soon be near her. He also will be near me, I gulp. We had officially been dating for two months now, the best two months of my life. The media had gone crazy the first time we were spotted holding hands but after a couple of weeks some of them got bored with us so they went to Kim's baby. I should feel sorry for the kid... I had no doubt about it that Ed was the one, I just wanted to be with him for my whole life, and he the same. I get out of my daze and focus back on the crowd, I'm ready.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for the last time on the Red Tour, please welcome back, ED SHEERAN!" And the crowd goes wild.

I spot his Red curly hair coming up the steps and everything I was nervous about before fades away. I love him more then anyone cloud ever know.

Tonight he had decided on wearing one of the Red Tour t-shirts with my face on it. Of course he had made it his own by putting hearts around my face, I giggle into the mic. "I like your choice of clothing, Eddie." I said adding the nick name he hated.

"Oh you know you can't use that name on me," he growls running up to me for a hug. I laugh into his shoulder trying to hide my blush from the crowd.

The blonde girl I had noted before looks at us with tears in her eyes silently cooing "aw" along with the rest of the fans in the arena.

Ending the hug we both go to our separate mic stands rearranging our guitars so we could play them and make the perfect melody that was called "Everything Has Changed" .

"I know, but I do it anyway," I laugh before finally starting the chords to our song. "All I knew this morning when I woke, is I know something now, know something now I didn't before. And all I've seen since 18 hours ago, green eyes and freckles and your smile in the back if my mind making me feel like." I finish my beginning solo and we both start with the chorus. Every time we sung this song it was like the first time we met and the feelings we both had but never dared to express.

I look over at Ed scooting my mic stand closer to his while giving him a wink. That made the crowd roar.

Finally we were done with the chorus and it was time for Ed's solo, which made my heart flutter. His voice was just so smooth and relaxing, listening to it is like falling in love with him all over again.

"I-i can't do this," Ed stutters into the mic interrupting my thoughts.

I smile up at the crowd as if apologizing to all of them, "Yes you can, sing along with me, 'and I'll take them down...'" But he didn't join in so I stopped. What was up?

"No, I mean I can't continue on with being your boyfriend." He suddenly said making the whole crowd gasp as the music from our guitars goes silent. I stare at him, what did he just say?

Ed walks closer to me setting his guitar down on the floor while taking mine from his shoulders and doing the same. He grabs his mic with one hand and holds my hand in the other. "I can't just be your boyfriend. Boyfriends come and go, but-but a husband doesn't." He says while getting down on one knee.

My mouth drops and a few tears enter my eyes, he can't be serious, but I pray to god that he is. Suddenly it's like we're all alone. The crowd has finished, and it's just him and me.

"I know we've only known each other for about two years, and only been dating for two months but I know, I know more than I've ever known anything else, that I love you. I love you more than trying to make you watch Game of Thrones or Lord of The Rings. Heck, I love you more than I love those movies. I love you more than your pumpkin bread and cinnamon rolls. I love your family, and how they will do anything to keep you happy, and after all this fame you have, they still keep grounded. I love your fans and how they've taken me into this huge family with no questions asked. I love the way you write break up songs even when you haven't broken up with anyone! I love you Taylor Alison Swift, and it would mean everything to me if you let me be your fiancé, and then your husband, and then the father of your kids." He lets go of my hand and pulls out a little black box from his pockets. As his smile widens he stands up getting closer to me and dropping his mic, these next few words were for us to hear an for us only. "You are the most beautiful girl in the world, if you asked me 5 years ago if I would be proposing marriage to Taylor Swift I would never believed you. I want to hold you in my arms every night as we drift of to sleep. I want to go run and get you cupcakes when that's what you're craving when you're pregnant with our first child. I want to write songs with you every night and kiss you until our lips our numb. I want to love you until the last day my heart beats, and I want to love you with a ring on your finger so I can call you mine, and only mine."

I quickly brush off a tear that was running down my cheek as he opens up the box to reveal the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.

Ed lifts up his microphone smiling from ear to ear, "Taylor Alison Swift, would you do the honor of marrying me?"

I take the mic from his hand, "More than anything in the whole entire world." I smile back and take his lips into mine.

That's when I hear the crowd next to me. "Oh shit, have they been here the whole time?" I giggle into his lips.

"Yes," he laughs back as he gives me one last peck on the lips. "So, what do you say we get back to the song?" He laughs finally addressing the crowd.

The screams echo through the walls as more tears run down my cheek, I can't believe this is my life, and I couldn't be more happy.