Chapter 4

"SANS, SANS WHERE ARE YOU?" Papyrus exclaimed, I heard thumping come up the stairs so I decided I would teleport to my room so he wouldn't worry, but I had to make sure he wasn't there when I did it, I didn't want him to find out about my lab, at least not yet. In due time I would show him and maybe the others but for now I couldn't risk the word getting out and the kid destroying it, I was so close to stopping all of this and saving my brother forever.

"BROTHER? BROTHER WHERE ARE YOU?" Papyrus yelled, leaving my room for only a moment to go look for me so I took the opportunity to teleport into my room.

"Right here bro, whats up?" I chimed from my bedroom, I had just teleported from my lab to my bed, so he wouldn't wonder how.

"THERE IS A MAN DOWNSTAIRS AND HE CONTINUES TO MOVE HIS HANDS IN WEIRD WAYS, I BELIVE HE IS HERE TO GREET YOU BROTHER." He said, I got up off of his bed and walked down the creaky stairs to go meet this man, I thought I knew who he was but I couldn't be sure because as far as I knew it wasn't possible...

"Gaster?" I said, I felt my eyes get a little wet as he starred at me and at Papyrus.

"Sans?" He signed with his hands, I smiled at him and Papyrus just stood there, a confused look plastered on his face.

"SANS, WHO IS THIS MAN?" Papyrus said, looking at him then back at me.

"No one important, we need to go catch up in my room. See ya!" I lied, he was really important, I had no idea when or how he had gotten back to our dimension I was just happy he did. I led the slightly glitching man up the stairs to my room and closed and locked the door.

"How did you get out of the other dimension?" I said, my voice close to a whisper but he seemed to not want to talk about it at this moment so I let it go for now, I could ask later.

"Why did you lie to your brother?" Gaster signed, I sighed as I took off my hoodie and put on my lab coat. I knew it wasn't exactly normal to lie to your brother this much, but we didn't live in a normal world.

"I had to, he's not very good at keeping secrets and I'm pretty sure you don't want anyone to know you're here." I lied, he glitched a little before I pulled on the familiar book out and the bookcase slid to the side opening up to a passage way to my lab.

"I see you've continued our work, you always did have a knack for the sciences, even if you were too lazy at first." He signed, I gave a small laugh.

"Yeah, I put a small amount of floris phonsis around the lab so that I could remember my studies when I came in and so that none of the work would be destroyed by the resets, but this is the bubble." I said as we headed down the stairs and into my lab, he nodded and started to help me with creating and tweaking the bubble generator.

"The bubble, what does it do?" He asked using the hand signals I was taught when we worked together in the core so that we could communicate.

"It's supposed to go around the entire town once its finished, making the entire town unaffected by the resets but as soon as it is turned off it will make the town reset so it must be maintained at all costs, but for now I still need to test it and I'm thinking about using it on just the house as a small scale project, what do you think?" I explained, he nodded and we started to grunt as the physical labor of working on the rather large project was taxing.

I came out of my room with my shirt on but not my lab coat or my hoodie on as I went down to the kitchen to get some water when I heard him.

"WHO IS THAT AND WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING IN YOUR BEDROOM BROTHER?" Papyrus asked sternly, I put on my best facade and replied with a grin.

"Nothing bro, why do you ask?" I asked him, trying to drag him away from that subject, he was to curious for his own good sometimes, I wiped the sweat off my forehead and grabbed two cups.

"I CONTINUE TO HEAR STRANGE NOISES COMING FROM YOUR ROOM, NOT TO MENTION HOW SWEATY YOU LOOK." A bright blue blush formed on my cheeks at what he was implying, but I didn't think of him that way. He was more like a mentor or a father figure really, I could never... No.

"Bro, its nothing. I promise, we aren't doing anything like that." I said but my brother didn't seem to be convinced.

"THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING BROTHER?" Papyrus asked, leaning towards me as he stood up from the kitchen table.

"Erm... Fixing... Something..." I replied, I wasn't ready for this outcome so I decided to take the two cups of water and leave the conversation, I hadn't realized how much I had depended on the repeats.

"AH HA, EH HEH HEH HEH HEH, YOU WERE DOING NO SUCH THING MY DEAR BROTHER, IN FACT I THINK THAT I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE DOING WITH HIM GIVEN YOUR PRESENT STATE!" Papyrus exclaimed, I gulped.

"YOU WERE PRACTICING YOUR PUZZLES WERE'NT YOU BROTHER? HE WAS HELPING TRAIN YOU TO BE STRONGER!" Papyrus said, I smiled at his innocence and nodded before heading up the stairs. That's partially why I didn't like him hanging out with Mettaton, in fear he would corrupt the adorable pureness of my brother.

"You really care about him don't you." Gaster signed before I handed him the glass of water, I looked out the window of my room and sighed at the memories of past repeats.

"Yeah, you have no idea." I replied, I knew it was getting late and I knew that Gaster had no where to stay so I decided he could stay with us.

"Hey Gaster, you wanna stay at our place for a while, until we get the bubble working I mean." I offered, He signed a thank you to me and I led him to the guest bedroom, I lay awake just staring at the ceiling, and hoped this would work.