Part 14

She was about to go out and walk on shore under the moon light with her cover up in one hand and her phone on the other. She already called him four times as she opened her hotel door to reach the common hall outside of it.

"Pick up. Pick up." She said as she pulls out her key card and placed it on the small pocket of the thin fabric that supposedly covered her by now.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Carla, a friend of hers from the university.

"Maine! I didn't know you were staying here too!"Carla said and gave her a hug. "Is Ven with you?" The tanned skinny girl said with a smile. She placed her phone down for the moment to talk.

"Yeah! I'm with Sergs and Richard too. It's nice to see you here! I thought you and Kevin went to Virginia?"

"I thought so too! But he was drunk when he reserved tickets so... we're here! Oh and btw I heard there was this Luau tonight. I'm hoping to see you three later because I think Richard is going to sleep on the beach or something."

And that reminded her of the guy she was calling a few minutes ago. "You've seen him? I've been calling him but he's not answering." She said and asked her sincerely.

"Yes, he's just by the beach. Anyway, I need to go and get ready for tonight." She said and hugged her again. "I'll see you later!" Then her friend walked away and she went the opposite way to look for RJ.

It was a bright night. The light of the moon perfectly shapes the shadows of the palm trees on the shore as they sway on the calming rhythm of the breeze. And unlike the area about 3 miles away from them, the place was peaceful.

This is my kind of spring break.

She thought as she inhales the scent of the salty sea air. Then she scanned her eyes for someone on the shore.

There was clearly no one near or in the area except for one person. That person was lying flat on the ground, seemingly asleep, with a straw fedora above his face.

It was a normal sight. Apart from the fact that the sun has set a few hours ago and he was wearing iron man pajamas.

Weird.

"Sir? I believe you are checked in in this very nice hotel." The man then took his fedora away from his face and rested it on his chest.

"Yes I am and I mu- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING?!" And that confirmed her assumption. Not that she was unsure, the guy had a very memorable birthmark on his happy trail that looked like veins popping out.

She just rolled her eyes. Almost everyone around them in the beach wore the same thing she has, a two piece triangl. So why would he react like that if she just adjusted to the norm?

"Says the man wearing pajamas. Come on! Carla is here and there's a Luau tonight." She said while pulling his arms up yet failing with the weight of him and instead, he pulled her to him making her lie atop him on the sand.

"You see this?" He said as he raised the cover up she was holding a while ago. "YOu use it like this stupid." He said and wrapped them around her while she remained frozen on his chest.

Her face was blank; overwhelmed by their position but more on his care on her skin.

"Maine. Please. Wag ngayon. I'm drunk." He said and flashed her a charming smile. She just slapped his chest and giggled, slightly hiding her face to avoid the showcase of her flushed cheeks.

"No you're not!" she said while still giggling.

My heart feels ticklish. I could just bottle your laughter and have it for keeps.