Chapter 4

Do you know what it's like? To be trapped inside you're own mind like this? Yes. I know I'm in my own mind. Why else would Vin Diesel be here? I mean seriously..okay. Maybe not Vin himself...a demon form of him. Anyways...though...I can't figure out why I'm here...Can anyone here me?

Caleb leaned against the wall, watching over the girl who laid in his guest bedroom. It had been weird when she collapsed as the fire bell rang. She was just about to get up...and she let out a scream louder than a banshee demon. Just before she collapsed, Caleb had noticed something about her eyes. They had changed from their human state, to demonic.
What are you, Fate. Who are you and why are you here. He shook his head, then Nekoda appeared.
"How is she?" She looked worried. Caleb sighed to himself.
"Out cold like before." Kody nodded to herself.
"It's just like when Nick was trapped after he was hurt." Caleb growled to himself. He went to say it didn't feel right when Nick and Acheron busted in.
"Is she awake?!" Acheron looked frantic. Caleb didn't know what the 11,000 year old Atlantian god's relationship was with the girl, but he had never seen Acheron like this before.
"She's out right now. She hasn't even moved an inch since the school." Caleb sat down in the chair by the guest bed. He heard a low rumbling noise center from the male's chest. He looked at the girl.
"Fate, I swear to the gods if you don't wake up, I don't know what I'm going to do." He sounded...broken. This wasn't like the god at all. Caleb glanced at him.
"Ash...who is she?" Nick asked before Caleb could even get the words out. Acheron looked at him with his sunglasses still on, so it was hard to see how or what he was feeling or thinking.
"Careful with your question, Nick. There is a wide answer I could tell you."

"Who is she to you?" Nick watched as Ash took off his sunglasses, something he never did.

"She's my god-daughter. I've raised her since she was three. She and Simi are like sisters. She...isn't exactly human." Acheron sat down, and looked at the girl who for once, looked like she was sleeping peacefully. Her features were still delicate like when she was younger. For the first time in forever, he felt powerless. He had grown to love this girl like his own. Even Simi loved her. Tears watered his eyes, but his face was blank so Nick and his friends couldn't see. He had to save her. His little Anikita...

   Caleb watched as the 11,000 year old Atlantian God got emotional over this...girl. He was right about one thing, she wasn't human. Something else he couldn't put his finger on. The daeva sighed, then exited the room. He needed to clear his head. Sitting in his room, he put his head in his hands. He wished sometimes things could go back to the way they were. Peaceful with his family. His wife. His...little sister.. Caleb shook his head. No, he couldn't go there. He hadn't thought about her in so long. Her sweet smile...childish playfulness. The last time he had seen her, she had been 2 in the equivalent of human years. Anikita has the sweetest smile, and the biggest heart a demon could have. If she saw and injured animal, she would pitch a fit until he helped her nurse it back to health. "Mafis! Hewp meh!" She would always give her those big blue eyes. Caleb's lip quvered.

   "Anikita...I'm sorry...I failed to keep you safe." Guilt and regret tore through what little bit of a heart he did have left. She had been the only girl next to his wife who could keep him calm, and actually cared about him.

   "I'm sorry..." He grabbed the locket he had planned to give her on her 3rd birthday, and held it in his hand. It had a feather engraved into the front with a small A. He opened it, and teared up at the words in Latin, which read, 'My little Sunshine'. He closed his hand around the necklace as he heard a knock.

  "What." He wasn't in the mood to deal with people, even Nick at the moment. Nekoda walked in, looking worried.

  "You okay, Malphas? You went out in kinda a rush.." She saw the chain in his hand. "Your wife's?" Caleb shook his head, but nothing more. His silence spoke all he wanted to say. It caused him pain, but he wouldn't talk about it. The female chewed her lip at the awkward silence.
  "What are you going to do with her?" She nodded her head toward the door the girl was at.

  "I don't know."
______________________________

Hello, my wattwolves! Sorry it has taken so long to update. I just HAD to read the newest one before updating. Any who, I'll write again soon! ♡ Happy Turkey day!

🐺♾☾♉