intro || luke

Luke chewed the inside of his cheek as he sat in the squishy psych chair, ignoring the paper and the questions the doctor was asking him.

He looked at the grown man as he mumbled something about how Luke didn't truly appreciate these meetings, which wasn't completely untrue. Luke obviously cared somewhat, as he kept paying for these meetings.

Maybe it's because he knew that's what sick people did. When people felt mentally ill, they searched for help and got it.

And that's what Luke was doing.

He was getting help and had all the proof he needed, except, you know, the part of feeling better. He had payment receipts and therapy homework and pill capsules throughout his bedroom.

"You need to work with me, Luke, this isn't a one man job." Dr Roth spoke, tapping this pen to his cheek as he observed Luke.

"I'm listening." Luke spoke, intertwining his fingers together. "And it's helping, I think."

"Since you confessed to seeing the murder, you have been in my office much more frequently. There has to be something bothering you, Lucas. Most of my patients don't come see me three times a week."

"But what contribution can I give! You've heard everything I've got to say, and it's all the same thoughts. They're all still running through my head."

"I'm aware, Lucas. That's why we had bars installed on the window last month."