one (Lennon)

It all started that night in April. My best friend was over at my house, and we were alone except for the sound of our own laughter and the soft rain outside of my window. It was all fun back then, and we had no idea what was about to happen. We did know that the strongest storm our town had ever seen was about to hit us. Hard.
We heard running outside. I thought it was my Great Dane rushing into his doghouse to suffer through the coming storms, but I couldn't have been more wrong.
We heard knocking on my window and, thinking it was my neighbor, I opened my curtains. It wasn't my neighbor. It was a man. He looked terrified and he was covered in blood. He seemed to be mouthing "They're coming! Please!"
I have been told about the danger of strangers. He felt different. I felt like I could trust this man.
"Lennon! What are you doing?" my best friend screamed as I opened the window. It was raining harder now.
The man climbed through the window and was followed by two more like him. All terrified of "them". All covered in blood. They quickly shut the curtains and thanked my friend and I.
The first man introduced himself as Pete. His friends were Joe and Andy. Where were they from? They couldn't say. Who were they running from? Monsters. Why were they covered in blood? We didn't want to know.
We questioned them until we heard a noise from outside. Pete turned off my bedroom light. When I moved to protest, he covered my mouth with his hand. I smelled the blood on it and gagged. He sushed me. My friend was too terrified to even speak.
We heard a knock on my window. By now, the thunder indicated that the storm was less than a mile from us. The lightning revealed a silhouette of a short man; he appeared to have a missing hand. Lightning again. The hand wasn't missing, it was a hook. My friend broke free of Joe's grasp.
"Mila!" I whispered. "What the-?" "I'm just curious. I think he needs help." Pete made to answer, but, before he could, Mila drew back my curtains.
The man did have a hook hand, and he was short. His eyes were a bright yellow, and he looked almost catlike with a snarl on his face. He looked as if he was a visual representation of what everyone feared at that moment. Pete's eyes suddenly had tears in them, and he choked out a pained "Patrick."
Andy shook his head. Joe grabbed Mila and pulled her back into the huddle of people.
Soon, the monster was joined by another one. This new one looked too familiar to me. It was almost as if I had known him for a long time.
That was impossible. This creature was obviously older than me, and he had traces of attractiveness that weren't completely drowned out by the evil inside of him. He had white eyes, but the same crazy look as the first of his kind.
I was too busy staring at him to notice that the hook handed one was breaking my window.
There was a shadow, and everything stopped. Mila and I were the only ones who seemed to notice the slowing of time. We looked at each other as everybody moved around us in slow motion. Then we heard two monotoned voices behind us.
There were two men who radiated light. I couldn't see them clearly, but their eyes were glowing bright blue. It was a pure light, unlike the cold light in the monsters' eyes. "Lennon and Mila." They droned. "Yeah?" I answered. "You are the only ones who can save the planet from these creatures. They have come to destroy music and everything else people love. It is your job to save rock and roll along with the Defenders." One of them motioned to the men in front of us moving at a snail's pace. "All of them have been chosen, and all of them have their talents as well as you do. Go, and fulfill your destiny."
There was no time for questions before they disappeared and we were brought back to reality. The light had been turned on by somebody, and the monsters had cornered Pete, Joe, and Andy.
Suddenly, I had a hunch."M-Mark?" I stuttered. The familiar monster turned around and inched toward me. "How did you know?" asked Mila before she looked utterly spaced out and asked "Patrick?"
The other monster walked toward her.
The storm was on full force now. Something had to happen.Fast.
I reached out and intertwined my fingers with Mark's with my eyes shut. Mila later said that he looked as if the whole world had suddenly made sense to him as his eyes were made into two chocolate pools.
"L-Lennon?" I looked at him, confused as to why this man knew my name. "I don't know you. I mean, I do. You seem familiar. H-?" He managed to say all of that before he realized what was all too real to me. As soon as he had said my name, the other monster plunged his hook into my stomach.
The last thing I remember was Mark carrying me out of my room onto my living room couch, brushing my hair out of my face the entire time. Then it went dark.