1.0

× smutt | no kink ×
Part: 1 of 1
Word count: 5308

Originally posted in the BTS One shot book, but this ver. is better

______________

I knew him through a friend's ex-science classmate. Although I had never met him, I learnt more through casual conversation and gossip than in a face-to-face talk with the person of discussion himself. He was a music major, and already had a minor in engineering. He lived on his own in an apartment not ten minutes from the university, alone, that is, if you don't count his Doberman Pinscher named Smoke. He was, in fact, a chain smoker, and had been for quite a while.

He apparently had the habit of dying his hair, and I secretly wondered whether I had spotted him once or twice on my way out of the campus library. There had been a chap with brightly-coloured hair-pink, I believe-who had the habit of sitting by the west window, his face bronzed by the setting sun. I often questioned myself and my interest in this mystery person whom I had never met, but never delved deep enough to find out where my interest in him stemmed.

It was in my first class on a bleary Wednesday morning-eight o'clock sharp-when I heard a certain person from the back of the lecture room holler, "The loser's come, finally!" I generally did not take much notice of what happened in the classroom until the professor came and quieted everyone. However, on this occasion, I was slightly intrigued as to who this supposed "loser" was.

I looked up and was surprised to see a shock of mint green hair. He had a tall, lean figure, and a blasé expression on his face as he sauntered up the stairs, only to slump down in a seat in the second row, as if climbing the steps was a great burden to him. He was wearing a leather jacket with silver studs and baggy jeans with numerous rips that hung low on his hips, but what drew me to him was not his attire, but rather that incredible hair. Time passed quickly, and before I knew it, class was over. I did not take as many notes as I usually did, and not for a particularly good reason. The odd figure with shocking hair distracted me from paying proper attention from the lesson, and I was thankful that I had made it my habit of recording the lecture for future use.

My brain, overworked by the numerous thoughts and ideas buzzing around all at once, deserved a break from constant studying and all-nighters, so I treated myself to a hot coffee (not, thank goodness, from the horrid coffeemaker in the admissions office). I picked up a copy of the New York Times and settled into a comfortable seat in the back of the café. I don't know how long I was there, or what time I left, but it was twilight when I set off toward my apartment. On my way, I received a message from my roommate begging me to buy some chocolate milk and gummy bears for his four-year-old niece who would be staying over on Friday night. I reluctantly agreed and entered the first corner store I encountered.

After being overwhelmed by the number of different types of gummy this and gummy that, I settled on a brand with bright Japanese packaging and waited for my turn at the cashier. Of course, I had to be a clumsy clot and have butter fingers and drop all of my bags as I tried to put my wallet in my jeans pocket as I walked out of the store. As I stood up, I almost collided with someone who was going inside the store.

I had a better look at the person, and to my surprise, it was the green-haired boy from my class earlier that day.

"Oh," I wasn't sure what to say. "Sorry about that!"

I was so close to him it chilled me to the bone. I searched his eyes carefully, looking for any emotion but finding none. He simply shrugged; he wasn't even upset.

"We've got a project together," he mumbled and pulled my phone out of my hand and entered his name and number to my contacts list."Call me when you want to go over it." And with that, he was gone, leaving me in a daze.