6: Hello... Its me? I stumbled here accidentally?

My stomach dropped out the moment I stepped from the study.

And I think I would have screamed- but my stomach was having too much of a panic attack about being left behind.
Then, of course, my brain chimed in about becoming splatter art because of such a dumb idea, and I squeezed my eyes shut. Silently I prayed to God above it would be a quick painless end to my stupidity.

When I didn't immediately smash into ground, I opened my eyes and it occurred to me that the pole I was holding onto must go much farther into the earth than I had previously thought- and somehow it was slowing my descent. My body weight wasn't free falling, it was supported off of my arms and my hands which still made the metal glow blue. Almost as if I had grabbed an express handhold done to the middle of the earth, and this pipeline kept me at a steady descent.

I was going to live! And not not become splatter art due to my impulsive decisions!
A thought that was cut short as a dim glow came up beneath me and the sounds of voices followed. Looks as though I was on track for figuring things out...

"Stop stop stop," I muttered as the light grew brighter and then I burst through the end of the tunnel into a massive cavern. What it held was so overwhelming that I lost grip on my techno pole and fell off, onto a ledge that overlooked EVERYTHING.
...

AN: If anyone has seen the Batcave from The Batman tv series, this is what Lyn is seeing. Assume she has explained what it looks like because I don't have time to go into detail at the moment.
- And I'm fairly certain the show does a far better job of displaying what it looks like.
...
I was sitting in the freaking Batcave.

Bruce Wayne was Batman. And below me, the sound I had heard was Nightwing and Robin sparring- who were really Damian and Dick, who were really not out to lunch.

And Alfred had said Dick was going for something with more of a kick. Kick as in fighting.

Lordy, he had totally been hinting at something discreetly. Called it.

Everything made so much more sense now! I hunched down next to what seemed to be the lone rock on this ledge and continued peering discreetly into the expanse of the Batcave while all of the funny puzzle pieces from the last month pulled together.

Damian's befuddling "extracurriculars" were actually his duties as Robin, which filled his need for something intelligent and aggressive (and punching idiots). It also explained how he got along with his father and seemed to know him so well- as well as Bruce's constant absence from the manor.
And also why Damian got along with Dick despite him not being around all too much. They were all partners in the middle of it.

It also explained why Bruce Wayne had taken me into his home unexpectedly after my death was faked. If Bruce Wayne was Batman, this made much more sense in regard to protecting me from my past and what I had "died" for.
That realization put a plug on my excitement. If Batman was keeping an eye on me, then whatever we had faked my death for was a horribly serious matter. It made me shudder slightly.

Damian and Dick's voices brought me back from my thoughts. I watched them spar again.

"What is with all the loose hips? It's like you're rolling through everything," Nightwing grunted, slamming a baton down at Robin. He deftly blocked with a swipe of his bo staff and rolled over Nightwing's arm. It was like watching a pair of feathers dance about each other- but with a hell of a lot more force and intention.

"Your one to talk Grayson!"
"Yeah, because I'm an acrobat. You," he ducked left, then right, then under and swung his baton where Robin's head had been a split second earlier, "are not an acrobat. What exactly have you and Lyn been up to?" He swung a kick, "Are you two... Doing unmentionable things?"
Robin faltered and nearly lost his head to Nighwing's kick. I gagged and swallowed a shriek. Can't let them know I'm up here however horrifying that might have been.