Chapter 12: the rose in the war.

*Ashton*

I watched her as she slept she seemed restless,on edge and after what she told me I'm starting to feel that way too, I doubled the warriors on the borders and placed my best trackers in strategic hide aways so now if anyone crosses into my lands I would know, I also made sure Evelyn had two guards with her at all times, I need my baby to be safe.

I was sitting in my office eyeing the bottle of bourbon that stood on the tray in the corner and holding on to every little bit of self control I had left, I need to stay sober now my mate and my pack needs me to be in control.

The vibe in my back seems sullen and my people seems to be anxious and afriad I don't blame them, their Luna has locked herself in her room and their alpha is fighting with himself to stay sober, it's seems like they've lost faith in us..but we will restore it I know me an Evelyn just need a day to feel alright again.

And as would would seem the day has come to an end, I dragged my tired body upstairs and into my room, I decided to skip the shower stripped out of my clothes and climbed into bed next to my purple haired angel and pulled her into my arms, feeling complete for the first time in a while, I need her to keep me sane and on the right track, and I've come to learn that she needs me to be strong for her she needs me to be her kick especially in times like these.

*Evelyn*

I subconsciously moved deeper into his strong protective arms as the dream played in my head like a slow paced horror movie.

' I was running in the woods again still covered in cuts and bruises, no matter how fast I ran it just seemed like I couldn't get away...My foot got stuck on the same root and I fell down hard hitting my head.

But this time the wolves didn't move or growl they only stepped out of the way for two men to come towards me one young and one slightly older, they took slow deliberate steps towards me I tried to stand up again but my body was too weak and tired so I just watched them walk closer to me.

When they got to me the older one pulled out a pistol and shot me in the leg I felt paralyzed as soon as it hit, the younger one kneeled down and ran his fingers down my cheek,
"Its okay darling close your eyes, tomorrow when you wake up you'll be where you belong." With one last gasp the world went black '

With a scream I jumped up in bed and in seconds Ashton had me in his arms calming me down I buried my face in his neck and screwed my eyes shut, I wish I could say I feel safe but I don't so I just clung to him while he ran his fingers through my hair,
"Shh baby I got you now no one can hurt you now, I promise." I held back my tears and laid back down with him he wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered,
"I love you Evelyn..so much it hurts" I slowly let the tears fall,

"I love you too Ashton..forever and always".

----------------------------------------------------♡♥♡-------------------------------------------------

And that's a wrap folks.

Love you guys..