Chapter 1

(Lydia's POV)

I'm lying on the floor now. Wide awake.. and i hear mumbling coming from the kitchen. I silently rise my head and back to lean against the wall. I stop breathing for a moment to try to listen. "Jerry, there's nothing I can do about it.. the Georgia state police are coming here at noon to interview you" who the hell is that? I don't recognize his voice. "Where's the child?" am I suppose to be 'the child?' I have a name, thank you very much. I start breathing again and reach for my iphone in my back right jean pocket, i click it on. 12:03 am. Wow, i was passed out all night. I should probably get to bed.. I have school tomorrow.. or today i mean. 

I put my phone back where i found it and press my palms against the cold painted wall. The paint is bumpy which helps me push myself up by my sweaty hands. But before i go to bed i decide i should take some painkillers to ease the pain on my back and head so i can sleep better. I'm so tired that i drag my feet across the floor to the kitchen where m father is talking to some guy who works at the church with him. "And what are you doing out of bed?" My father is obviously covering up the fact that he abuses me and knocks me out in the middle of the hall way to die. Im a little cranky right now, not in the mood for his bullshit.

"I just need some water" I decide to go along with it, don't need anymore bruises than i already have. But how does one not see a 14 year old girl passed out in the middle of the hallway leading from the front entrance to the kitchen? Backdoor. I see what my father did there. I pour myself a glass of cold water as my father and the 'guy' watch me silently.. It's really kinda awkward, but i get that I'm unwanted at the moment. 

I start walking out of the kitchen entrance when i stop to my fathers voice "Go straight to bed, Lydia" 

"Yep" I reply with not 1 fuck given. I don't curse, but i do the odd times. I start walking again and climb up the stairs like a sloth while maintaining my water. When i reach the top of the narrow, straight stairs I stumble into the bathroom and set my water on the side of the sink. I open the mirror above the sink and  pull out 2 Tylenol extra strength pills and slid them down easily with the water.I walk into my room, take off all my clothes and huddle myself into my sheets to eventually doze off.