Chapter 2

(Lydia's POV)

I awake to the sound of my phone alarm. " Too.. early.. to.. be.. awake" I hoarse to myself.

I drag myself into the shower and wash my  body and hair. I almost trip on my way out of the shower grappling onto the sink ridge. I take a deep breath and tie my hair into a messy bun, brush my teeth and trot back to my room.

I shove on a pair of jean shorts (Today was particularly hot) and a shirt that reads 'Keep calm and love The Walking Dead' I only realised that the shirt was about The Walking Dead when i looked at myself in the mirror. It might be awkward for Chandler but I'm way to tired to give a crap right now. I slide downstairs and grab by bag on my way out the door. When irealise i forgot my shoes. I dart back to the house, put some shoes on and leave the house.

" Good morning Mrs. Riggs!" Aubree's bubbly voice booms at me from the end of my driveway.

"huh?" She has it all wrong! I'm ONLY married to Chandler Riggs in my head. Duh.

"Oh come on, the whole school's talking about it!" She seems happier than usual..

"About..?" I'm really, really lost.

"You and Chandler dating!" Wow. 

"We're not dating.. Did Chandler tell you this?" Why would I be dating HIM?

"Well apparently Amelia asked Chandler to the movies because all her friends were going and all of them had dates except for Amelia. And Chandler turned her down, he said 'There's a special someone.. And it's not you, Amelia'" Oh, Amelia has NEVER heard the word no before. 

"Wow, i wonder who the special girl is" I'm so un-selfconfident.

"Sometimes you do act like a true blond, Lydia, you really do" Cheers to the blond life.

When I arrive at my locker I shove my bag into my locker and start to take the books i need for the next 2 periods out. I look behind me, and i see Chandler and a couple guys talking and staring at me. What the hell? I just turn around and ignore them. "How's your back?" I jump in fright. Oh look, it's Chandler pretending to care.

"How are you everywhere?" I never noticed it before but.. He has the bright bluish-grayish eyes that light up, he has long brown swiped hair that looks really good on him. freckles in just the right spots on his nose and under his cheeks. I've never noticed a guy before.. like REALLY notice him. I don't let myself because all that does is cause drama and more stress and pain.

"Magic!" He acts surprised.

"Magic? Take me to Hogwarts please" I joke. Today he has on jeans that are sagged just perfectly in the back, but his long shirt mostly covers his but up. I mean pfft.. im not looking at his ass or anything..

"I always wanted to try to go through platform 9 and 3/4" Is he a potterhead too? *Ista bestfriends*

"Same" I realise something. I can't let him hurt me, i cant fall for him. i look into his eyes and know he will never be mine.. It hurts. School is usually the one place where i don't hurt, where i can get away from my father and the memories that lie behind the walls. " Look, not to be rude but.. What do you want?" It hurts to say it to his face, but i need to make it clear that i will not be his punching bag. Its for the best, lydia.

"Uh.. Nothing.. I Just.. I'm just glad you're feeling better.. Well you look better" He looks surprised that i would be so rude but still does his 'you're going to fall in love with me weather you like it or not' look.

"yeah" I bluntly say as i swerve him and head to homeroom.

I enter homeroom and sit in the back right corner like before, and i now realise that Chandler was behind me the whole time. He sits right beside me and stares at me oddly. I silently give him the ' What do you want?" look. "Whats up with you today?" oh, so he realises I'm trying to ignore him.