Part Nineteen

A few years had passed and I was feeling sick, dizzy and sensitive all over. I'd been feeling this way for way for a while and I just put it down to being ill, but then I started throwing up in the mornings. So one morning when Nate was taking Grace to play group at the local primary school, I went to the chemist and bout a few pregnancy tests. I got home and took all four in a row and just as I was going to check on them, Nate came home "Hey!" He called. I didn't bother to hide the evidence of what I've done as I sat on the floor with the four tests facing down. Moments later Nate walked in and froze. He looked at me then at the tests that lay in a row on the floor. "Are you...?" He asked as I shrugged "Haven't looked yet" I whispered as Nate sat next to me on the floor. I just looked at him and he was looking at the tests.

"Will you be happy if I am?" I asked him. He looked at me "Jaz, you know I love being a father, of course I'll be happy" he smiled. I smiled "I love you Nate" I whispered. Nate smiled "I love you, too" he said as he grabbed the tests "Ready?" He asked me. I nodded and he turned the tests over and all four of then read positive. I was pregnant for the fourth time. I'd had a miscarriage last year and the first time I had a termination for a few reasons. I didn't know if it was Nate's or Steven's and I wasn't ready to have kids. I was only about 20 if that at the time. I felt Nate kissing me and I kissed him back sweetly.