Chapter 8: Fight, Fight, FIGHT!

MATT'S POINT OF VIEW

Ah, best night's sleep ever. I rubbed my eyes as I hummed a tune and jumped from bed. I washed myself, brushed my teeth and jogged down the stairs to have breakfast. I sipped my water and looked up to see Dylan Gilles. Why was he here, he never talks to me...?

"You," He pointed his finger at me and looked pretty mad and angry. "Leave Kayla alone or else!"

I thought of Kayla; her soft, brown locks tumbling over her shoulders. Those deep, chocolate brown eyes of hers, so big and compelling. Any feelings for Sam I used to have, have totally disappeared now. All my affection was for Kayla. Even her elegant name made me shiver. For a while, I was day dreaming about her beauty and that amazing giggle that I once found annoying.

"Hey!" Dylan shoved me, and stood beside me. I stood up, slightly shorter than him.

His fist punched me hard in the face and blood shot out my nose. I kicked his shins and as he crouched down in pain, I punched his left eye. He deserved it. Telling me to leave Kayla alone, even when he got dumped by her!

"Oh, you really shouldn't have done that!" He shouted. By now, we attracted a huge crowd surrounding us, whispering comments and shouting words.

TOM'S POINT OF VIEW

I sat in my bed in silence. Sam and I haven't spoken a word since yesterday. I blame this all on Matt. He took her away from me. I hate him for that. She was the only reason I smiled nowadays. I had no other reason whatsoever. I could never forgive Matt for this damage he's caused. I looked down at my growling stomach. Ah, my stomach was growling so much, yet I still wasn't hungry at all. But I had to eat, otherwise I'd die. Actually, that wouldn't be so bad right now.

I slowly clambered out of my bed and brushed my teeth. On the stairs, I heard shouting and weird noises, so I ran down, curious of what was going on. Sam was still in our room, so I knew she was safe. I entered the cafeteria and saw Dylan and Matt having a full on fight! I ran over there and attempted to separate them. Dylan looked at me and pushed me so hard that I landed on the ground, in pain. As I attempted to get up, he kicked Matt, causing him to fall too and began kicking him non-stop. Dylan grabbed a chair and started whacking him with that. Ouch.

Blood trickled from Matt's body as Dylan laughed and the rest of the school gasped. I tried my hardest to get back up, but there was this sharp pain in my back and stomach. Not to mention that I was weak because of my hunger right now. Kayla burst into the hall and hustled through the crowd. When she saw the state of Matt, she gasped, but when she saw Dylan, she slapped him so hard across his face, then looked him in his eyes.

"You haven't changed, and neither will my opinion." She ran to help me up, and when I finally got up, she helped me pick up Matt.

I spat out an insult to Dylan and we took Matt to the school nurse. Her name was Helga and she hated everyone, apart from her daughter that enrolled here. She wiped away the blood and put plasters on his knee, fist and nose. After half an hour, we took him back to our room and he rested for a while.

An hour later, Ms. Trall knocked loudly on our door. Kayla ran to open it. She was wearing green wedges, a black skirt and green shirt. She had one hand on her hips.

"A fight has been reported to me, between Matt Riley and Dylan Gilles. May I speak to Matt?" She asked, looking stern.

"Uh, yes." Kayla said as she led her towards him.

"Mr. Riley, clearly fighting is forbidden in this school and you of all, should know that. I've never expected this immature behaviour from you, Matthew. What is the reason you and Dylan fought?" She took a seat on his bed and listened carefully.