Chapter 9: Selena's Sabotage

SELENA'S POINT OF VIEW

Ugh! She just angered me so much. Samantha freaking Johnson. I don't care what Kayla said, I will destroy their date. I already knew which movie they were watching. Some romcom that I've already seen before. Ah, how about I sit behind them in disguise and throw stuff at Sam only? Nah, that's a rubbish plan. I've never thought I'd be the bad one, in whatever this is. There's always that rude, cheerleader girl that's evil and tries breaking the couple up. That's not me! I'm not a cheerleader! Ugh, is this what I'm doing with my life? Planning sabotage at freaking two in the morning?

I turned over the my right side and tried going to sleep, but I had to hatch a good plan. Hmm...what if I spoil the movie for them? I texted Sam to see if she was awake. Instantly, I got a reply.

Sam: I'm so tired but I can't sleep.

Me: Oh, me neither. So, what movie are you watching?

Sam: The latest Channing Tatum movie, I forgot the name.

Me: Hey, I know which one you're talking about!

I totally told her the plot, resolution and ending. She got pretty mad and texted to me how angry she was. Haha.

I went to sleep while texting her and I'm guessing that she did too. The next day, I jumped out of bed frowning and brushed my teeth. On the stairs, I bumped into Sam.

"Sorry." I didn't mean it, but it felt as if it should be said.

"It's alright. We're gonna watch Ryan Gosling's new movie in our room."

"Oh, the one where he-"

"Save your breath, I've already watched it."

I fake smirked and giggled. We walked to the cafeteria together and ate some toast. Tom was sitting in front of us, having the bread.

Oh! Light bulb! I finished earlier than them and rushed to their room with a horror movie DVD in my hands. I quietly opened the door and was greeted by Matt singing a Beyoncè song. I chuckled as I replaced the Ryan Gosling disc with the horror movie disc. I knew that Tom absolutely hated horror movies and that Sam loved them so much. The Gosling movie was Sam's, so if you get my drift, you'd understand my plan.

I ran back to my room, with the Gosling movie in the horror movie case. I entered my room and waited. And waited. Kayla went shopping, like usual, so I was alone in my room. Someone knocked on my door, so I ran to open it. Matt. What did he want?

"Is Kayla here?" He shakily asked.

"No, she went shopping. But you can wait 'cause she'll be back in less than half an hour." I opened the door and gestured him inside. "Here, come in. Sit down."

He sat down as we prepared for the most awkward moment of the century. We sat in silence, avoiding eye contact.

"So..." I broke the silence.

"So...?" He replied, smiling weirdly. "How've you been?"

"Good. You?"

"Good."

The awkward silence started again.

"Ugh, this is awkward. Let's start a conversation." He broke the silence this time.

"Okay. What brings you here?" I faked a smile.

"Uh, Sam and Tom kicked me out since they're watching some lame Ryan Gosling movie." He rolled his eyes. He knew I was a massive fan of Ryan Gosling.