The Missing Diary

Riley's POV:
I was on my way back to Lucas's house and into my room, where I saw that the diary was gone. It's missing. I started to panic because Topanga, my mom, gave it to me, so I could remember everything from my past, and now, it's gone, and it's all my fault. I looked all over my room, but knowing that it's not here, I sat down on my bed in frustration, not knowing what I'm going to do about this missing diary.

The moment when I woke up and headed outside for fresh air, I saw James working hard at something he is currently doing, I'm guessing that this has something to do with the competition. I smiled and walked over to him, to talk, "hey."
He stopped and looked at me with a slight smile and aaid back, "hey, what's 'sup?"
"Uh," I said. "Have you seen my diary?"
"Diary?" He questioned.
"Uh, yeah," I explained. "The diary that Topanga gave to me, so I could remember things more easily, but it's gone. It's not in my room anymore."
"Oh," he said catching his breath, as he wiped off his sweat and continued, "I haven't seen it, sorry. But I'll let you know if I do."
"Thanks, James," I said and smile, as I walked away and into the house, until I saw Maya and Lucas walking towards James, and it caught my attention when James is scolding them about something that I don't know about.
But I ignored it and walked back inside.

No one's POV:
Maya and Lucas were walking around, until James stopped them by saying, "how could you do this to Jessica?!"
"Dude," Lucas said. "What are you talking about?"
"Are you seriously lying in my face right now, bro?!" James said feeling offending as he gave lots of hand gesture and continued, "JESSICA DESERVES TO KNOW THE TRUTH! You can't keep lying to her. She will know the truth, whether you like it or not."
"Dude," Lucas said, but James ignored him and toss the shovel on the ground and walked away.

"What is he talking about?" Lucas asked Maya as she panicked and responded, "I don't know."
Lucas ignored this issue for now and headed to the stables, where he will keep training for the horseback riding competition that his father entered him in, unexpectedly. Until he got a surprise visit.
"Hello, Lucas." She said, until he stopped moving his horse in shock when he turn his head towards her, and looked at her in school.
He slightly smiled, not knowing what to do, as he got off the horse and slowly walked towards her.

Maya's POV:
I know lying to her is wrong, especially now. But it's something I have to do, she's my best friend, and I can't lose her again. So keeping the diary as a secret is the best choice I could ever have made in my life. At least I'm doing it for her, and not me. It's all for her.
So when I was pacing around be front yard, I was thinking deeply, until a familiar voice called me, "hello, Maya."
As I looked up ad looked at him, I smiled in surprised as I saw his face, being in a place like this.
"Hey," I said back to him in surprise.

As I think back in time, I realized how far we've all come, we've grown up a lot, and now, we're back where we started. But none of that matters now. I still was a bit starstruck about who I saw in Texas today, right before my eyes, he smiled at me, and I smiled back at him, not knowing what I'm supposed to do next.

Riley's POV:
I'm very confused. I don't know what to do. I don't know where's the diary. I don't know where to start. I don't even know who I am. All I want to do is to know the truth about myself and my past. What brought me here? What causes me to leave my friends and my home? What made me the person I am today? Who am I really? I'm not even quite sure if I do know who I am and who my real friends are? Even though I don't know Lucas and Maya that much, it I don't know who they are, I feel like I know them my whole life. It's like, they're the friends I never had, or the friends I wish to have. James told me not to trust them, but I feel like that I do. I know that I know them, I just have to find those simple and sweet memories of us together, and so I could remember, so I things could go back the way they're supposed to be. I just don't know how to do it, or how to get there. All I know is that I won't give up on that dream of knowing myself and my past. All I want is the truth.
So I walked outside to give myself a fresh air and walked until j got myself in the stables, where I saw Lucas talking to sown other girl with a smile on his face, and when I was about to go walk over to them, I tripped and saw a big bump on the ground, which caught my eye a bit, and when I was about to go over it. Someone stop me and made me forget or ignore about it when she called me, "Riley..."
I looked up and saw that it was Maya with some other guy next to her, and when Lucas showed up behind me, with that other girl next to him, Lucas immediately go to me to help me stand up from the bump that I fell in.
I fake a smile and said, "so who's this?"
"Uh," Maya said. "Riley, this is your uncle- Josh Matthews."
"Oh," I said in surprised as I shook his hand, then I turn towards Lucas and the girl next to him and said, "and you are?"

"Riley," Lucas said. "This is-"

Unexpectedly, James showed up behind us, and gave that surprised and upset look on his face and interrupted Lucas when he immediately said while he was working towards us, "Abigail?"

She smiled when she looked at him and said, "hello, James."

He was shocked.
"What are you doing here?"