Softness under frost

~(Y/N)'s POV~

(Y/N) bit her lip nervously. She was going to join squad 10. Rumors say that the captain was very cold and strict. I wonder if he'll like me? What if he doesn't? What will i do then? Will he treat me differently?

I started panicking over something that hasn't even happened yet.( that's what i do often XD)

Footsteps sounded outside the door.

I froze. It's time!!

Someone knocked on the door.

"C-Come in!" I squeaked, trying to sound more confident than I really was.

The door opened and a boy that looked about the same age as me stepped in. He had white hair and turquoise eyes. I noticed that I was about 3 inches shorter than him. "You are
(Y/N) (L/N), correct?"

I nodded immediately. "Y-Yes. That's m-me. And who might you be?" I asked boldly, I didn't want him to think i was a scardey cat.

The boy raised an eyebrow. "I'm surprised you don't know. I'm captain of the 10th Division, Toshiro Hitsugaya. But address me as Captain Hitsugaya." (im sorry! I don't know how it should go)

I trembled. He's my new captain?! Shock and fear shot through me. "I-I apologize for my boldness Captain!" I squeaked, dusting my shinigami robe off and bowing deeply.

The captain didn't say anything. He only nodded slightly and motioned me to follow him.

As my new captain led me, I struggled to keep up. H-He's going so fast! I thought. "C-Captain," I started. "Could you, could you walk a bit slower please?" My manners were not forgotten

The captain stopped, and I gulped. Oh no, was I not supposed to say that? Panicking on the insides, I waited for the captain's harsh words.

To my surprise, Captain Hitsugaya didn't say anything, he just continued walking.

As I followed the captain, I realized that he did slow down.

A cold gust of wind chilled my spine and I shivered.

To my relief, the captain turned towards a door and opened it.

"Hey Toshi~" A sassy orange haired female's voice sounded in the room.

The captain seemed very irritated at the name. "It's Captain Hitsugaya to you!!" He said angrily.

"Who's that, Shiro-chan?" Another girl spoke up. She had her raven black hair in a bun.

"Hinamori!! How many times do I have to tell you?! It's Captain Hitsugaya, not Shiro-chan!" The captain said again with a annoyed expression on his face.

"This is (Y/N) (L/N), she's new to the squad. (L/N), this is Rangiku Matsumoto, my lieutenant. And this is Momo Hinamori, lieutenant of the fifth Division." He sat down.

I bowed deeply, "nice to meet you everyone!"

Rangiku laughed. "No need to be so formal, (Y/N). Just call the captain Toshiro, Shiro-chan, or Toshi. It's all fine!"

Captain Hitsugaya stood up. "No, it's not fine!!! Matsumoto!!!!! Don't teach her bad manners!"

I wasn't sure what to do. "S-Shiro-chan?" I murmured, expecting him to explode once more.

(Y/N) was right. Toshiro trembled. "MATSUMOTO!!!!! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!! And that's captain hitsugaya to you!!!!" He added fiercely, whipping around to point at me.

"I-I'm sor-sorry..." I squeaked, scared by his tone. Meanwhile, Rangiku slipped out of the room, escaping trouble. And paperwork. Momo had left a few moments ago to help her captain with paperwork.

Captain sighed deeply and rubbed his temples. "I-It's alright, okay? Just call me Captain Hitsugaya...

"H-Hai! I said.

The captain was silent once more. He just stared at (Y/N).

I blushed and searched for something to say. "Um...would you like me to help you with Rangiku's paperwork, captain?"

Toshiro looked surprised. "S-Sure..." He said, locking his turquoise eyes with your (E/C) ones once more. "Are you sure?"

I broke eye contact with him and nodded.

"Well..., thank you. You can sit here..." He pulled a chair beside his and nodded for me to sit down.

"T-Thank you captain!" I said gratefully. I sat down beside him and started working.

The captain paused for a bit. He looked around. "...I...I guess Toshiro... is fine..." He said scratching the back of his neck, not looking at you.

~1 hour later~

I dropped the pen and leaned back. "Capt-Toshiro, im done..." It still felt weird not addressing him properly. "Toshiro?" I turned to look at him.

There he was, fast asleep on the desk with some bangs over his eyes. I had to admit, he was pretty cute...

Careful not to disturb him, i scribbled a note, pulled a thin blanket over him, and silently left the room. Captain isn't so bad after all...

Hi peoplez! Just so you know, i haven't watched Bleach in 4 years. So i forgot alot~please tell me if there's something important about Toshiro and the anime that i should know. It'll help alot!!
Oh btw,
(Y/N) is (your name)
(L/N) is (last name)
(E/C) is (eye color)
(H/C) is (hair color)
(F/C) is (favorite color)
(H/L) is (hair length)
In case ya didn't know~
I might come up with others on the way~ ^^ That's all!! Hope ya
enjoyed!! P.S. my grammar is terrible!! XC 😝