Dreams do come true!

Nope. No kiss. Niall leaned back and yelled.

“That was so cool!” Niall grinned and jumped up and down.

“Oh Nialler.” I giggled, trying to get over our almost-kiss.  “You adorable leprechaun!”

Niall suddenly stopped jumping and looked sad. As sad as he did when his Dad wouldn’t listen to him. That was two weeks ago…Niall being sad wasn’t something that happened recently. It killed me to see him like that.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” I stepped closer to him.

“My mom used to call me that…And-” His words were cut off by the shrieking outside bell, notifying us we had 5 minutes to get to our seats.

“Let’s go to class.” Niall grabbed my hand and we started walking.

“Wait, where’s Travis?” I stopped walked.

Niall sighed. “I dunno. Something is bugging him, that’s all I know. I’ll talk to him after school. What do you have for 6th?”

“I’ve got History.” I stuck out my tongue.

“Okay. Run to class. I’ll get our stuff. Tell everyone the teacher is running late.” Niall leaned in close like he was gonna kiss me....Again. I leaned forward, ready for a kiss or two. Niall whispered against my lips.

“You. Wish.” He slapped my butt and ran away, laughing like a maniac.

I laughed to myself and ran towards the building. I took the stairs two at a time and burst into Arte’s room. People stared at me.

“Sorry guys. Sub’s running a little late, he’ll be here soon.” I announced to the 25 something filled classroom of students. I took my spot, first row, last chair, right in front of the teacher’s desk. This’ll come in handy. I smirked to myself.

Niall came into the class with both our backpacks on his hand. He dropped them at the desk.

“Hey class. Sorry for the last minute changes. Mr. Arte had to take care of an emergency so it appears I’ll be giving you guys your test. I’ll give you an extra 5 minutes to study.” Niall announced, beaming with confidence. Cheers sounded around the room as everyone grabbed their books. Like madmen, they flipped to the chapter we were testing on and read.

“Ni?” I mouthed and gestured to the class.

“Amber, come here please.” Niall said, crossing his feet on Arte’s desk. A snicker came from the back of the room.

“Yeah?” I whispered. Wait...“I need my book.”

“Yes, you do, don’t you?” Niall yawned.

“Shut up! I really need a good grade in this class. I need my book now!” I growled and looked for my backpack.

“You’re paying for this after class.” Niall smiled and I couldn’t help but smile too.

“Whatever you say.” I took my backpack from his hands and searched for the book. After reading as much as I could, I wrote my name on the test.

Ouch. The first question and it’s already hard! I glanced up at Niall. He was holding up a manual that was clearly the answer key. I caught his eye and held up my index finger. He held back a laugh and got it. He held up two fingers and pointed down. B! I smiled and him and winked. Yeah yeah, Niall helped me cheat. In my defense, Niall was the one who let me! Plus I’ve never cheated before in my life. After using his help some more, I turned in my test.

“Might wanna stay afterwards to help correct?” He whispered and had a dark look in his eyes. Making out session, perhaps?  I’m down for that!  First one ever, and I think I’m overdue. I nodded and went back to my seat. He got up and wrote no homework on the board.