Chapter 11

I landed facedown with the smell of decay burning my nose. The place I had fallen into was a basic maze with doors. All having different designs and colors, but all were closed. I grasped the door knob of one with green intricate patterns going across with a purple background. The door was freezing cold to the touch surprisingly. It clicked open with no motive revealing a snowy wonderland. The familiarity of the place was over whelming even though I had never been here before.

Kids were running around, throwing snowballs at each other, but one in particular stood out the most. It was a little girl about the age of seven standing by her self near a wooded area. When a darker figure emerged from it beckoning the small girl over before leading her into the woods. I darted towards the tree line after them, but when I reached out to grab her my hand went through. Feeling helpless I watched the scene unfurl. The man pulled out a knife and yelled at the child to get down on her knees. She attempted to run with tears falling down her cheeks, she ended up falling to the floor crying out before a hand covered her mouth. I cried with her, screaming at the top of my lungs to help her, my body had stopped cooperating forcing me to watch the scene unfold. A light rift of wind brushed passed me and slammed the male into the ground stopping the horrific act from happening. It promptly ripped his guts out sending them sprawling about the forest floor. Then it made eye contact with me, similar eyes and all. One simple word flew out of my mouth, seeming so foreign but familiar.

Rift.