[8] Frenemies

Hi guys *waves* I just wanted to a say a big THANK YOU to @witchoria for the new cover. Isn't it perfect? I'm also obsessed with her story 'The Necromancer' so if you want a good read I would definitely check that out

Thank you all for your love and support (:

Guilt swallowed Charlie alive.

She couldn't eat that night nor could she sleep once the girls had stomped upstairs, practically dragging a foul-mouthed Willow by her ear. Charlie had volunteered to take the first watch of the evening for Alora didn't want to leave them exposed.

A few hours in it was Charlie's job to awaken Hayden for her shift; Charlie never did. She had shoved herself as far as possible into the corner of the wall so she could observe the entirety of the area and stayed in that exact position.

Bentley had preoccupied her that night in the bar. Charlie should have seen him as a foe and not a delightful distraction. She couldn't help but picture each and every scenario in which she saw his deceitfulness and confronted him.

Charlie still didn't fully understand why she felt as if she could let her guard down around Bentley. That feeling instilled a fear in her stronger than any emotion she'd ever experienced.

A thunderous pounding stopped Charlie's heart the same instant it awoke the others; someone rapped their fist against the door.

"Wake up! Asher bellowed over his booming knocks. "You have twenty minutes!"

"Fuck off!" Willow shrieked, hurling the lamp on her bedside table at the door. It shattered to pieces, ceasing his insufferable drubbing.

"Seriously Willow?" Hayden rolled her eyes as she sat up. Willow presented a grunt as her rebuttal and tossed a pillow over her face in an effort to shield herself from the real world.

"We've all got our jobs to do, alright?" Alora yawned.

"My job was not to kill that prick and I haven't . . . Getting up early was not in the description," Willow said, her voice muffled.

"It is now," Hayden groaned.

"We're supposed to get on their good side . . . how the hell do we explain that Willow chucked their lamp at their door?" Charlie conjectured; Alora ran a rough hand over her face.

"We'll worry about that later . . . We have twenty minutes to get ready for whatever they have planned," Alora stretched.

"Where did he say the bathroom was?" Hayden requested with a devious grin.

"Just right outside the door," Alora answered with caution.

"I got first dibs on the bathroom," Willow informed.