[15] Everyone Have Their #2 Pencil?

"We have to sit around and twiddle our thumbs for two damn days because of you!" Asher roared, clenching his fist. It was evident that he was still unhappy about being deemed as 'Little Dick', the cousin stripper, and was displacing that rage onto the creator of the nickname.

"Well considering you've been sitting on your ass counting ceiling tiles for the past six months, what the hell's wrong with waiting two more days?" Willow's cheeks were bright red.

"Everyone just calm down," Adeline assumed command.

The group was currently all clustered by the front door. Asher had let loose on Willow the moment he crossed the threshold into the home.

"Two days isn't ideal but Willow's right," Jamison interpolated. "This is the best lead we've had in six months."

"So what now? We sit around and braid each other's hair?" Asher suggested, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That sounds fun to me," Willow smirked.

"No, we move forward," Adeline announced. Charlie and Hayden exchanged glances.

"While impressed with your results were currently . . . unprepared," Jamison began to explain.

"Unprepared for what exactly?" Alora demanded.

"Unprepared to go out and follow leads. We got lucky this time but the next time," he shrugged, "who knows."

"I don't like where this is headed," Hayden whispered to Gemma.

"You're going to be put through a series of tests- "

"What?!" Hayden reacted.

"All my number two pencils are at home so count me out on those," Willow commented.

"You'll be tested on endurance, weapons skills, and be given a full medical evaluation," Jamison finished his thought, completely ignoring Hayden and Willow's remarks.

"Ha," Asher snorted with a beaming smile.

"You're being tested also, "Adeline rejoined the conversation. "Whether you like it or not you're now a team. We need to know who works best together."

"Ha." It was Willow's turn to smile like the Cheshire cat.

"Why in the hell- "Asher began.

"Everyone is doing it. . . the only one whose exempt is Gemma," Jamison cut in.

"Yes!" Gemma exclaimed. Once she realized she'd gained the guys attention, she slid behind Hayden. Gemma would eventually open up, but it probably wouldn't be until the day before they found Enzo. It was obvious why Gemma had been given the break, why test someone who wouldn't be following leads anyway?