It's The Last Year, It's The End

Aaron's POV

"Can you believe it?" Amy twisted her head towards me.

"Believe what?" I asked, focusing on the road ahead of me.

"That it's our last year."

"Yeah, of course," I replied, "I've been ready for this for four years."

"That's good baby."

Amy weaved her fingers in between mine. I took our fist and kissed the top of her exposed hand, lips still lingering, seconds after the quick peck.

We remained silent for a few minutes as my left hand kept control of the wheel, keeping the car in between the two white strips on the expressway. I removed my hand from Amy's grasp to scratch the top of my head. I let out a heavy sigh in the process.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

I could feel her gaze in my peripheral vision, staring at me with concern.

"Nothing," I responded.

"If it's about your dad..." she started, "please don't let it get to you."

"It's not getting to me," I snipped.

There was a minute of silence between us as my previous response finally registered within me.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, taking her hand once more and caressing the top of it.

"It's alright," she smiles, "I'm just saying that maybe you need to channel your anger in a different way."

"Yeah... well since I'm going to be at school for a while, I won't have to deal with his crap," I explained.

She didn't say anything, but I still felt the urge to say something.

"I'm sorry for putting all of this on you," I apologized once again.

"It's okay; I understand that you're going through a lot. It would be hard for me too," she replied.

"I just don't get why he always has to put me on such a pedestal."

"He's your dad; he wants you to do your best," she reminded me.

"Yeah, right! You know him, he wouldn't care one bit if I did my best or not," I moan, "He just wants his business to become an empire."

"But isn't it already an empire?" she looked at me with confusion..

"He wants it to be a bigger empire," I clarified.

It's as if she didn't know how to reply to my last statement when she said, "It's okay, everything will be alright. You being at school will help you clear your head."

I really hope so. If not, I might just punch a wall just for the sake of it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once I got inside of my apartment, I head down the long narrow hallway until I reach the last room on the left. It is just as I found it; the bed perfectly made, the desk a little dusty, but cleared off, and everything in it's place. I walked inside and threw my bag of clothes on the floor, while popping a squat on my green plaid bedspread. I leaned back and let my head sink into the soft cloud like silk. A loud sigh falls from my lips as I slowly shut my eyelids...

"Are you serious?" I questioned my father.

"Yes, I'm completely serious," my father affirmed to my question, "I am running for this up and coming election and hope to whip this country up into shape. There's a lot of idiots running around this place."

"Do you even know anything about politics?" I asked with a stern and stiff look spread across my facial features.

"You don't need to know anything about politics. The business does everything for you," he explained.

"I don't think it works that way," I rolled my eyes, and looked in a completely different direction.

"I will make it work that way," he barked, "And you're going to help me."

My vision darted back to him.

"What?" I said forcefully.

"You heard me, you're going to be my spokesperson for this coming up election," he repeated.

"I heard you," I moaned, "I'm not doing it."

"Yes, you are, and you're going to do everything I say, from now on," he dictated, pointing a finger right at me.

"No, I'm not," I groaned, "I'm not dealing with your bullshit any longer."

And with that, I stormed out of the claustrophobic space, he calls his office, and into my bedroom at the opposite end of the hallway.

A loud, high-pitched ringing was beginning to fill my ears. My eyes began to open up to the familiar surroundings I was previously in. I wrestled on the soft cushion, flipping over everything that was resting on my bed until I saw my phone lit up with the contact: Amy written across the top of the screen.

Shit.

I picked up the phone and immediately slid the button to the left.

"Hey," I said quickly.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I muttered, rubbing at my eyes, "Crap, what time is it?"

I took a quick glance at the digital clock sitting on my desk as Amy said, "9 pm."

"We were supposed to go grocery shopping three hours ago..." my voice trailed off.

"Yeah, I know we were," she stated.

"That's okay, we can still go now," I insisted.

"Now? Really?" She questioned.

"Yeah why not," I shrugged, "Walmart's probably still open."

"True..."

"Alright," I got up from the mattress, "I'll be at your place in ten minutes."

And with that, I hung up the phone, slipped all of the necessary things in my pockets, and walked out of the apartment. 

[A/N: Hey guys! I haven't updated in a bit, but I have finally written a new POV for this story! I haven't written in a guy's perspective in a really long time. So, please let me know how I'm doing at it!

Comment, vote, all that jazz...

Thank you and goodbyeeee :)]