Chapter 6

The rest of the day Carlos kept dropping by at my office . I think the other emloyees began to notice but Carlos didn't care.

" I'll keep coming here until you say yes!" He warned as he popped into my office for the 20th time...

" Ok Carlos... Look I can't be your girlfriend!" I snapped getting irritated by the way he kept pressing on the issue,"Last night was great... You can have tonnes of nights like that with tonnes of other girls, cause the last thing I need right now is a relationship especially with New York's most wanted playboy!!" I stood from my desk letting my body language speak volumes of how much I wanted him to leave. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll need to show the ladies that work here that I don't need to constantly pull my panties down to keep this job! "

Carlos gave me a long hard glare before he stormed out of my office... Unfazed his dramatic exit... I continued to work on some paperwork that had been handed to me by some stern old lady from accounting .
************************************
Carlos
That bitch has some nerve... How didn't she fall for the tears? How'd she move from hot to cold in a matter of hours? She's going to regret it! She will!
Paul raised an eyebrow at me trying to mask the fact that he was amused by my angry and bewildered state. "What should I do with her Paul?" I aaked exasperated.
"Respect her decisio-" Paul began to respond but I cut him short.
"Shut up! " I snapped." Go tell her to evacuate the building right now... She's fired!"
"No sir, you're not thinking straight," Paul gained the audacity to defy my order. "Just let her mind her business and maybe if fate allows... She'll umm become your business."
"That's it Paul you're a genius!!! "
************************************

A week later...

Erinn
I was so beautiful engrossed in my work... I had gained serious steam and in an hour I would have completed work that I was meant to complete by the next week. The office had been so peaceful since Carlos didn't just stroll into my office anymore, the rumors of Carlos and I's hook-ups had died down due to the new and interesting revolving door of women that he had gladly installed for himself. It was better that way. I was showing that I'm a brilliant worker and worthy of the job without any distractions and my heart was safe... No man to worry about, No problem.
I got an email from Carlos, but to my relief it was plainly work related. It was about a meeting at his house the next evening. Every single detail was considered and agenda attached. It was going to be the first I saw him face to face in more than a week. 'At least tonnes of other people will be there! ' I breathed as I noted down the address.

After work, I stopped by my best friend, Whitney's house bearing candy and calorie filled snacks. I needed to breathe and nobody opened up my lungs like Whitney did. I knocked on the artistically painted door, getting lost in the beautiful pattern and heart warming story within the abstract. Whitney was a very talented artist, I simply couldn't wait for her work to blow up. The world really needed to see the stories that she could tell with the strokes of her paint brush.

 The world really needed to see the stories that she could tell with the strokes of her paint brush

"EEEERRRRR!!" Whitney squealed as she jumped on me and I wrapped her in my arms. I hadn't seen her in a couple of months... I mean it is hard to take a subway to Brooklyn when you're emotionally unstable. "WHIT!" I exclaimed equally as excited to see her again.

"You finally take a break from taking over the world to have some down time with Whit!" Whitney laughed as she sat on the couch beside me holding a bowl full of gummies.

"Yeah...and I also came to check on you, you know see if your life was falling apart," I nudged her. Whit may have problems and not tell anybody she likes to handle things on her own. She once told me that more than anything she was Barbie, able to transform into anything she needed to get through any situation.

"The only thing tearing my life apart is my mother!" she heaved, " She wants me to straighten my hair and move to the Upper East Side and stay with her, She doesn't understand that this lifestyle that I have set up for myself nurtures my creativity!"

"Your mother just wants you to be part of her luxurious lifestyle... You can't blame her for not understanding why you would turn down a penthouse for this beautiful dump," I soothed.

"Ew, that was too much about me, tell me about Mr.Date-On-The-First-Day-At-Work..." Whitney raised her eyebrows suggestively. I had ranted to her about Carlos over the phone. She is in fact the one who helped me gain my firm demeanour towards Carlos.

"First of all he is very handsome and there is a possibility that there is a deeper side to him or he was probably pretending... Other than that everything about him is bad bad bad!'

"I thought you used to like them bad though..." Whitney mocked.

"That was a phase..." I defended . "A hot phase..." I added remembering how fine my douchebag exes were.

Whitney and I continued to hold carefree conversations reminiscing the good old days when life was easier. She showed me her new pieces and with that I headed home.

***********************************************************************************************

My leg was shaking... literally vibrating, shivering between every three vibrations. My heart was racing and I was praying that I don't break a sweat before I get to the top floor a.k.a Carlos' apartment. I dreaded the opening of the steel doors before me. Tonight it was going to be strictly professional, besides all our colleagues are going to be there. The steel doors slid open and I held my breath...

What was this a joke? Rose fucking petals spread out on the mosaic ceramic tiles. "Madam Parker,may I take your coat for you?" A young man suited in a tuxedo and polished British accent asked. 'I think the fuck not!' I thought but also thought not to pour out my anger on the poor guy, so instead I simply shook my head and asked him where Carlos was. " The master is waiting for you, his date, to join him for dinner in the dining room, you can follow the petals..."

I stormed up the trail with the butler (I'm assuming ) calling after me about my coat. I found the dining room and Carlos. He looked... clean, very clean as he poured champagne into two flutes. "I had to try my luck..." Carlos smiled as he turned to face me and extended a flute of champagne to me.

"You are unbelievable!!" I let it out. "I came here ready to present my work and to prove to you and my colleagues that I more than deserve this job, I hurried my projects and plans and readied them for tonight . I had sleepless nights to make my presentation perfect! I was so ready to blow your mind. I took a subway and a rather costly cab to get here for... dinner???! With someone I'm not even interested in. I'm beyond pissed off right now!" At that point I had both blown my top and put my job on the line."You know what I'm out of here!'

With that I stormed off brushing past the overpolite butler and called the elevator as I heard Carlos call after me. I got into the elevator and pushed the button for the doors to shut before Carlos caught up to me.

*******************************************************************************************

A/N

So sorry for the late update.. comment suggestions and creative ideas but don't forget to vote for it...

xo